Crowd hunters?? Advice on sidewall

BarberStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (base,6Spd,BAP)
So my Mustang, and I were talking. She said hey I'm new, and hungry for crowds. So stupidly I dumped the clutch coming out of Sonic to find myself overcorrecting to smack the sidewalk on the passenger side. So far my damage is of course a new alignment. I also have rash on noth rims. Nothing that cant be fixed, but my biggest worry is the tires. I've never curbed my wheels or tires so this is new game to my eyes. My plan of attack is to go tomorrow after work to align it, talk to them about the tires, and take their advice, if they say change them I will, but with cheap tires since I plan on changing the wheels soon. For all intensive purposes, what do you guys think? It looks superficial to me, but I try to be safe within my budget. Heres a picture of the front passenger with me pulling the flap back. Its maybe 5/8 long.
20190913_201911.jpg
Sponsored

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I scraped a curb when I had my 911. The wheels were scraped badly. The tires were fine. They survived several track days.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
It is superficial. I have driven on tires like that when I was younger for years with no problem.
Tire shop is going to tell you different. They are there to sell tires and it is a liability for them

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Drive it a little while and see if it develops any bulges or looks different in any way.

It should be perfectly fine.

Like southview said the tire shop will tell you to replace it.
Sponsored