Sponsored

Vortech JT w/3.33 Pulley + E85

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I ran out of fuel on E85 with Id1050x injectors and Sai Li double pump system at 801rwhp with an auto. Now run ID1300's, Fore triple system and currently at 936rwhp with a Vortech JT billet.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I ran out of fuel on E85 with Id1050x injectors and Sai Li double pump system at 801rwhp with an auto. Now run ID1300's, Fore triple system and currently at 936rwhp with a Vortech JT billet.
What pulley you running?

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Fridays best run with the trans brake.
IMG_1125.JPG

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm seeing it hopping some, thats being addressed tonight with the BMR CB005, Centering bushings etc.

Changes from last time to this time, I ran the ET street R's at 15psi, added a one piece chromoly drive shaft (which vibrates like crazy at 70 mph), and launched using the trans brake around 2500-2800. It still did not do much for the 60.

I also feel the stock blow off valve is not sufficient for the 3.33 pulley, so I ordered the Vortech race bov from Beefcake, to see if that resolves anything. I also may switch down to a 3.12 griptec pulley if need be.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I'm seeing it hopping some, thats being addressed tonight with the BMR CB005, Centering bushings etc.

Changes from last time to this time, I ran the ET street R's at 15psi, added a one piece chromoly drive shaft (which vibrates like crazy at 70 mph), and launched using the trans brake around 2500-2800. It still did not do much for the 60.

I also feel the stock blow off valve is not sufficient for the 3.33 pulley, so I ordered the Vortech race bov from Beefcake, to see if that resolves anything. I also may switch down to a 3.12 griptec pulley if need be.
If it is not too late I would cancel the Vortech race valve. It doesn't really flow that much more and it is loud as hell. The BV57 is a much better choice. The BOV will not make the car faster but it will relieve the stress on the blower when you lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it is not too late I would cancel the Vortech race valve. It doesn't really flow that much more and it is loud as hell. The BV57 is a much better choice. The BOV will not make the car faster but it will relieve the stress on the blower when you lift.
I did, I ended up upgrading to the BV57, and the prebuilt charge pipe.

Well, if my maxflow bypass is fluttering and bleeding off boost at the top end, wouldn't the bv57 increase performance if it holds?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I did, I ended up upgrading to the BV57, and the prebuilt charge pipe.

Well, if my maxflow bypass is fluttering and bleeding off boost at the top end, wouldn't the bv57 increase performance if it holds?
I guess it is possible but it is more likely to be belt slip. My car was seeing sporadic belt slip on the 3.48 on 6 rib. Sometimes it would flutter at 10psi and other times it would hold rock solid to 16.

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I guess it is possible but it is more likely to be belt slip. My car was seeing sporadic belt slip on the 3.48 on 6 rib. Sometimes it would flutter at 10psi and other times it would hold rock solid to 16.
Not seeing any small shredded belt bits

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Not seeing any small shredded belt bits
Does the fluttering happen under high boost only? I have flutter too but it happens the most between 3-4k rpm (from my understanding, that type of flutter is normal since I'm at the point between boost and vacuum).

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the fluttering happen under high boost only? I have flutter too but it happens the most between 3-4k rpm (from my understanding, that type of flutter is normal since I'm at the point between boost and vacuum).
Well, I can't really hear it, since when I am usually at the top of my power curve, I'm on a track, wearing a helmet, but I can sort of just feel a power drop off. It could be very much so in my head, but those who knows more than I say, get that crappy maxflow bpv out of there, and the race bov isn't really much of upgrade either. Just go BV57 or Tial Q. I can't really say which is better, I'm told, the BV57 is.

Granted my car is pretty quiet, but I'm concentrating on other things when racing.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Well, I can't really hear it, since when I am usually at the top of my power curve, I'm on a track, wearing a helmet, but I can sort of just feel a power drop off. It could be very much so in my head, but those who knows more than I say, get that crappy maxflow bpv out of there, and the race bov isn't really much of upgrade either. Just go BV57 or Tial Q.

Granted my car is pretty quiet, but I'm concentrating on other things when racing.
Yeah I guess I meant more driving around town. You don't hear any fluttering? I have the Tial Q50 and i've noticed a lot more fluttering since I installed the trackspec vents (no hoodliner either). I get that now it'll be less muffled but it went from no fluttering at all to a rattlesnake in my car.

s550_kratos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
18' GT Premium Lightning Blue
guys running the 3.33 pulley, what boost are you seeing and what belt size? thank you!

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
your going to want the K060997HD which 100.25" with the grip tech 3.33". No idea on boost yet.
Sponsored