Sponsored

Has Anyone Switched Their 2019 GT350 To A RED Start Button?

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Just wondering if anyone has installed a Red Starter Button on a '19 GT 350?
Ford Perf. has 33 pages of instructions for installation.....................................M10B776-MR

Just my opinion, but Ford cheapened the '19's considerably by putting in the regular Mustang GT
button. The dash texture, to me seems cheap compared to the '15-'18 GT 350/350R's.
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Meh...I like the more subtle metal button over the plastic red. Considerably cheapened? Anyone close enough to see it had better be a friend and appreciating they get to ride in my car. Plenty was improved in 2019 so no complaints about changes or cheapening anything.
As for dash looking cheap - mine is factory carbon fiber and it looks pretty upscale IMO which is why I ordered it that way. <shrug> Some who did not order CF seem to like theirs.
Looking the gift horse in the mouth?These things are subjective and are highly customizable. If one doesn't like something or simply has to fuss with what is already pretty special - have at it.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Just wondering if anyone has installed a Red Starter Button on a '19 GT 350?
Ford Perf. has 33 pages of instructions for installation.....................................M10B776-MR
Not sure about the 19MY but 15-17’s had the same 33 pages. Google the pick method start button replacement. I suspect it works the same on the 19’s. Installed in a minute or so. Spent more time watching the pick method removal video.

OP
OP

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Thanks for that info, I wasn't about to take the car apart to change the button. Glad to
hear I'm not the only one that liked the Red Button.

Sponsored

OP
OP

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Bruce, thanks again for that info. I took your advice and watched Bill at CJ Pony Parts.
I'm not as talented as he is, but it doesn't look like rocket science.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'm not interested in changing mine, but I was curious what this"red" button looked like... does anyone have a picture?
I saw a red triangular shaped cover that goes over the start button (supercar knock off) that was not for me, but interesting to say the least.

OP
OP

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Check the part # at Ford Perf. Parts or check comment above about Bill at CJ Pony Parts
using the Pick Method to change one. Part M10B776-MR

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Well I for one and glad they made something on the 2019 worse. Now you 2019 owners can envy the rest of us a bit. You may be faster but we have the RED start button which is WAY cooler.
:like:
Too funny, good one.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm with you OP. I was surprised to see they come with the same button as all the other mustangs now. I also get what you mean with the dash, If you didn't get the exposed CF then you have a fake CF looking design instead. The exposed CF upgrade is nice BUT since there is no exposed CF anywhere else on the car, I think it looks out of place too. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though because I also don't care for the new spoiler...again, doesn't flow with the rest of the car. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary. I do like the new wheels <shrug> lol
Sponsored