Sponsored

Question about oil changes (I know I know -__-)

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Personnally, i don't like people touching my cars and i have a lift and oil drain. For $50 to $60, almost cost neutral.
Sponsored

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Personnally, i don't like people touching my cars and i have a lift and oil drain. For $50 to $60, almost cost neutral.

If I had a lift I would totally do the same! When I lived at home I always did my own changes on my other vehicles. Unfortnately, my condo now doesn't allow vehicle maintnenance to be done in the parking lot or carports. So, I have to find time to drive to somene's house to do it, jack it up etc. then put old oil in my car and drive around with it in it (yikes). So, it turns into a half day process just for a 15 min oil change. So, normally i'd have no issue paying the extra money. Wasting all that time isn't however. So, have to bite the bullet in the meantime.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Just get Mobile1FS. I still change mine every 5k with full synthetic. It's only like 70 bucks once a year for the piece of mind of your ENGINE. Went to the local shop today, bought 6 quarts of Full Synthetic 5w30. After cost of oil & filter, I only ended up paying $17 in labor for 30 minutes of work. Worth the stress free maintenance for me.

sam97mt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Just get Mobile1FS. I still change mine every 5k with full synthetic. It's only like 70 bucks once a year for the piece of mind of your ENGINE. Went to the local shop today, bought 6 quarts of Full Synthetic 5w30. After cost of oil & filter, I only ended up paying $17 in labor for 30 minutes of work. Worth the stress free maintenance for me.
Mobil has promos every year. You can get 40 off 20 quarts. It will cost you 2 bucks a quart in the end.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I really hope you didn't put only 6 quarts in a 5.0...

JR

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert