Sponsored

301 A has anyone added magnaride to non magna equipped cars?

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Hi ,I have a 2018 301a PP1 car without magnaride. I want to know if anyone has added it to their cars? Is the wiring installed? I know i would have to buy struts, shocks and springs.
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Hi ,I have a 2018 301a PP1 car without magnaride. I want to know if anyone has added it to their cars? Is the wiring installed? I know i would have to buy struts, shocks and springs.
Not sure anyone has done it yet. I do know my base 301a with Safe and Smart has the connectors and wiring for the magnetic shocks and struts. I have seen a few others report they have the connectors too, but not sure of the options they have. Based on the active exhaust thread it seems to be hit or miss if a car has that harness or not so I assume this is the same. You have to get under your car and actually look for the connectors. I donā€™t think a specific option or set of options guarantees the harness is installed.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
It is more than "just" shocks, struts, and springs. Other parts such as the stronger front hubs, different lower control arm for whichever rear spring is reverse wound, and whatever computer(s) calibration is/are different plus I don't know if the required vehicle dynamic control module in the trunk is MagneRide only versus in all cars. Also the ride height sensors. Plus who knows what else is different.

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Probably better off, and cheaper going with Steeda, or Koni actives.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Nice idea, but it might be better to trade it on a car with MR. Retrofitting things uncharted ie pioneering/doing your own R&D often means in addition to the higher cost of parts bought individually over the counter (as opposed to on the car as an option) you could have lot of headaches and redos (more cost) with the car off the road for an extended period. Then there's no guarantee it'll work, and even if it does you have a non standard fitment that would possibly scare potential buyers down the track so you're maybe looking at r&r of the original gear at further cost of time and money and not being able to recoup the cost of parts at anything like what you've spent.

It depends why you're considering this vs the normal aftermarket suspension route. By all means if you really want to do it then have at it...no doubt it'd be interesting and a challenge. Having an MR equipped car to use for comparison would be very important from the get go as it'll give you an early idea of whether it's doable or you should walk away quickly.

Good luck!

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Completely different definition of ā€˜Activeā€™ there bud.
Yes I know the Steeda and Koni dampers arenā€™t electronic, but still cheaper than a retrofit.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Doing this would be more of a project.

You could name it project ā€œMoney Holeā€

If would be a nice write up though.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Rock Auto now has replacement Motorcraft Magneride shocks and struts in stock for over $1400. You cannot add this system to a base car without all of the electronic components, sensors, and dealer programing. Not worth it outside of factory install so I would look at Konis and springs.
Sponsored