Sponsored

Quality Issue in my 2018 GT Premium or Normal?

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving the other day and sat in the passenger seat for the first time as I let a friend take my car around the block. That's when I noticed that my passenger side has a leather and stitched knee pad, something that my driver's side does not have. The knee pad for the driver is a hard piece of plastic, which is kind of out of place in the GT Premium. I looked up pictures online and it seems that every other car has stitched leather pads on both sides. Did my car get a mix up on the assembly line? Is there any away to contact Ford and get a new pad? I know it's just a small thing, but I would actually like to get all the pieces of my car that I paid for.
Attached are pictures of both pads.
IMG_20190820_210800.jpg
IMG_20190820_210736.jpg
Sponsored

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
I have a base GT so I can’t personally verify, but if you can provide the same proof to your dealer then I would suggest taking it in and telling them you want what you paid for. Any good dealer should be able to accommodate that request.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yep :) and mine has the pad on the driver's side, so I'd say this was a screw up.
I wonder what else Ford forgot in my car. It was an early 2018 model, had some software issues too, but those got fixed fairly easily.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Mine is solid gold.... but I could be lying and it's really leather!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My first thought was that the dealer switched it figuring you’d never notice it. May have needed it for another car. Of course it could have been the same guy/lady in Flat Rock that put the analog bezel on the digital dash.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Lol feel your pain on this one, though i suspect yours will be a quicker swap then my guage issue lol. Just contact dealer and it will get taken care of.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would be more concerned about those oily fingerprints, lol,

TC :sun:

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I was driving the other day and sat in the passenger seat for the first time as I let a friend take my car around the block. That's when I noticed that my passenger side has a leather and stitched knee pad, something that my driver's side does not have. The knee pad for the driver is a hard piece of plastic, which is kind of out of place in the GT Premium. I looked up pictures online and it seems that every other car has stitched leather pads on both sides. Did my car get a mix up on the assembly line? Is there any away to contact Ford and get a new pad? I know it's just a small thing, but I would actually like to get all the pieces of my car that I paid for.

So, did you get to the dealer? If so, what happened?
Sponsored