Sponsored

Door rattle with bass

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Driver's door handle area rattles with moderate to high bass from stereo. Before I tear it apart and try to find it, wondering if anyone else already has and how you fixed it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noone?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Possibly had this same thing, bit of a buzzing?

Passenger door for me, but the issue was the small circle rubber/plastic door stop thing. It’s sort of loose, but where it was sat against the door (when shut) it used to buzz when i had sound with a lot of bass.

I twisted it around and as it was soft, just tried to flex it a bit so it didn’t touch the door in the same way. Seemed to have sorted it for me.

If you don’t get the same buzz/rattle when the door is open, then that’s probably it :)

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also developed a door rattle. It got much worse after levelling the stereo EQ in Forscan. When I installed my new speakers which have an even lower frequency down to 32Hz, I knew I had to do something.
So, I stalled sound deadening foam in the door, and sprayed flex seal rubber coating inside against the outer door panel. Bass is now smooth and punchy. Far better than factory, yet little to no rattle anymore. I do hear a tiny bit on ocassion, but overall much better.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also developed a door rattle. It got much worse after levelling the stereo EQ in Forscan. When I installed my new speakers which have an even lower frequency down to 32Hz, I knew I had to do something.
So, I stalled sound deadening foam in the door, and sprayed flex seal rubber coating inside against the outer door panel. Bass is now smooth and punchy. Far better than factory, yet little to no rattle anymore. I do hear a tiny bit on ocassion, but overall much better.
That’s exactly what happened to me - I just did the Forsan change. Not sure I have the time or energy to do what you did. Any pictures or write up of how you did it? Were you ever able to isolate exactly where the rattle was coming from?

Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
That’s exactly what happened to me - I just did the Forsan change. Not sure I have the time or energy to do what you did. Any pictures or write up of how you did it? Were you ever able to isolate exactly where the rattle was coming from?
Hey bud how exactly did you do this? I'm have bass rattle (kind of like a buzzing) in my car and I'm not sure if it's the bass or if something is loose in the door panel. It sounds like it's coming from the lower bigger speaker. I have the B&O and I find it unacceptable haha. I did plan on removing the door and installing sound deadening mat. This is on top of the rattle my car has when going over bumps and it's frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

Don't mean to hijack I hope this can fix OP and my problem.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey bud how exactly did you do this? I'm have bass rattle (kind of like a buzzing) in my car and I'm not sure if it's the bass or if something is loose in the door panel. It sounds like it's coming from the lower bigger speaker. I have the B&O and I find it unacceptable haha. I did plan on removing the door and installing sound deadening mat. This is on top of the rattle my car has when going over bumps and it's frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

Don't mean to hijack I hope this can fix OP and my problem.
Just to clarify – the Forscan change actually increases base because it removes the factory processing. So the Forscan change is not something that will help rattles, if anything it will reveal them. I think you meant to quote Condor1970 because he is the one who did the sound deadening.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Just to clarify – the Forscan change actually increases base because it removes the factory processing. So the Forscan change is not something that will help rattles, if anything it will reveal them. I think you meant to quote Condor1970 because he is the one who did the sound deadening.
Ah yes, I misunderstood the whole thread. My apologies, I guess WE'RE both looking for the same solution. Thanks again haha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack
The rattle on my driver's side door drives me crazy and is my #1 complaint with the car.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The rattle on my driver's side door drives me crazy and is my #1 complaint with the car.
Have you checked out the side skirt? Mine had a horrible rattle that I was convinced was in the door/glovebox area. Turned out to be a small rock that got caught up inside the side skirt - hooked it out with my finger & rattle gone.
Sponsored