HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone got any great ideas? I know they're expensive. I need the two sections for the rear bumper. They're just north of $100 each (there's two section on there) from White Bear Lake. I know there's no use shopping at the local dealer as it'll be much more than that. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing another source. Thanks guys.
Check Levittown. I've bought from White Bear and from Levittown and Levittown was usually cheaper although sometimes not by much.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if you could ask a certified body shop what their supplier is. I had my stripes replaced on my bumper only after an accident and they were a perfect match.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I could be wrong but if a perfect match they most likely ordered them from parts at a Ford dealership. Thats what my body shop had to do when they replaced both of those stripes on my 2016 I used to have to get a perfect match.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've called two places, including Big Worm, and while they make a quality product, they do not make an attempt to match any factory stripes. Both specifically said they do their own thing and it wouldn't match. Oh well, no biggie. I'm guessing those guys won't have the taper appearance like Johnny mentioned anyways. I forgot to ask Big Worm if they work that into their stripe kits.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
galaxy suggestion you've got a great car by getting the GT 350 I had both a 16 and 17. I'm 74 years old and this old mans heart raced faster and I got a big grin every time I started them and put that exhaust in sport mode. Sounded just as good if not better than all those 60's muscle cars I had.with twice the power. Go ahead and get them from Ford so they will match perfect and be exactly as before and be done with it. That GT 350 deserves them.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've called two places, including Big Worm, and while they make a quality product, they do not make an attempt to match any factory stripes. Both specifically said they do their own thing and it wouldn't match. Oh well, no biggie. I'm guessing those guys won't have the taper appearance like Johnny mentioned anyways. I forgot to ask Big Worm if they work that into their stripe kits.
They claim to do the taper.

Bigworm really couldn't match the factory stripes. Bigworm uses cast vinyl which is better in most ways to what Ford uses. Cast vinyl is like it sounds, colored vinyl material is cast into sheets. Ford has the color printed on top of a base, that allows them to control the color you see on the surface. Big Worm has a choice of a limited numbers of cast colors the manufacturer produces.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've read several posts in the past that Bigworm stripes were better then factory, much cheaper and much more selection of colors. The problem is he just needs to replace the two stripes on the rear fascia and need them to be an exact match, which isn't going to happen with Bigworm. If he was going to replace all the striping, or put striping on one that has no striping Bigworm would be the way to go.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
They claim to do the taper.

Bigworm really couldn't match the factory stripes. Bigworm uses cast vinyl which is better in most ways to what Ford uses. Cast vinyl is like it sounds, colored vinyl material is cast into sheets. Ford has the color printed on top of a base, that allows them to control the color you see on the surface. Big Worm has a choice of a limited numbers of cast colors the manufacturer produces.
Correct about the color and quality. Cast is going to last longer than a printed color. As you point out the colors are limited to what vinyl manufacturers provide.

I looked at all of the automotive vinyl offerings from 3M and Avery. There is nothing that is an exact match for Lightning Blue (2017-18 blue stripe color). 3M has a gloss blue that is close but you would still notice if you had stock stripes on other section the car. I have not looked at the other colors.

My wife owns a print and graphics shop so if I needed a new set of stripes I know where to go.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I've read several posts in the past that Bigworm stripes were better then factory, much cheaper and much more selection of colors. The problem is he just needs to replace the two stripes on the rear fascia and need them to be an exact match, which isn't going to happen with Bigworm. If he was going to replace all the striping, or put striping on one that has no striping Bigworm would be the way to go.
Nailed it! Thanks Johnny. I don't think there's any argument that BigWorm is the way to go if I were doing the whole car. But like mentioned, it's gotta match.
Sponsored