Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Premium with PP1 Questions (Just over 300 miles)

LinkRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
Howdy Everyone,

New to the forum, and new to a 2019 Mustang GT Premium with PP1. I picked this up on the 28th of June, with a manufacturing date of June 2019, so it is a brand new car. Prior to this, I was driving a 2016 Mustang EcoBoost Premium, which is my frame of reference :-) I have a few questions below that I would appreciate your thoughts on. The actual question is bolded, with the rest amplifying info :-).

1. When I hit the breaks a little hard, not really stomping on them or anything, I sometimes hear a low buzzing noise. My first thought is the ABS kicking in, but I don't think I am hitting the breaks that hard. The PP1 has larger breaks, and I am used to driving a lighter car, so I am still getting used to stopping distance. Could this noise I am hearing be something other than just the ABS?

2. Seat clicks. The driver seat clicks a little when I shift my weight in it. This is minorly annoying, but I am not sure if it is a problem or not. Is this clicking common?

3. Security system. In my older 2016, the active security system would prompt me when I shut the car off to enable or disable the perimeter alarm. This question was controlled in the settings, and displayed when security was set to "ask." I have the same setting set to "ask" in my 2019, but the car never prompts me. Does the 2019 active security system supposed to prompt on exit?

4. Not really a question, but more of an observation... The Intelligent Exit feature moves the seat back when the car is shut off, and returns it to the last position when you start it again. There has been a few times where it did NOT return the seat to the driving position, and I had to use the memory button. I seemed to have solved it for the time being, by making sure that my seatbelt is in the same position before starting the car as when I turned it off. Thus far, it has worked every time since I started doing that.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments :-)

Rich S.
Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Congratulations on your new Mustang. Mine is similar, but with 6,000 miles on it now. Had it since the end of February this year.

To answer your questions:
1. PP1 brakes when used lightly, hard and in between, they have never made any buzzing or humming noise on my car. The only issy that I have is the pads leave a ton of brake dust. So they will be replaced with ceramic pads soon.

2. I weigh in around 220 lbs. and my seats are electric with heat/cool. I have not experienced any clicking or other weird noises when shifting around in my seat. Even when taking corners hard.

3. The security pop-up should come up when you turn off the car. I am not sure if it is part of the security package, which was optional though. Might have to look into that...

4. Your issues with the intelligent exit feature will need to be addressed by the dealership. Ford has issues with this same feature on their pickup trucks as well.

OP
OP

LinkRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congratulations on your new Mustang. Mine is similar, but with 6,000 miles on it now. Had it since the end of February this year.

To answer your questions:
1. PP1 brakes when used lightly, hard and in between, they have never made any buzzing or humming noise on my car. The only issy that I have is the pads leave a ton of brake dust. So they will be replaced with ceramic pads soon.

2. I weigh in around 220 lbs. and my seats are electric with heat/cool. I have not experienced any clicking or other weird noises when shifting around in my seat. Even when taking corners hard.

3. The security pop-up should come up when you turn off the car. I am not sure if it is part of the security package, which was optional though. Might have to look into that...

4. Your issues with the intelligent exit feature will need to be addressed by the dealership. Ford has issues with this same feature on their pickup trucks as well.
HI! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Quick question for you, is your Mustang the Premium edition with Digital (LCD) dash option? I want to go back to the dealer and ask about my floor mats as I don't think they gave me the correct ones. The ones I have are just plain black, but from what I understand, they are supposed to have some fancy stitching around the edges, to match the same stitching on the dash, console, and seats. I'll ask about the security system too. The Windows Sticker indicates I have the Active Security system, but I do not have the enhanced security package (comes with locking wheel nuts). Thanks again!

Rich S.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The clicking in the seat could be the TED being compressed - depending on how the seat was put together at the factory. There is a lower TED and an upper TED, these are the components that cool or heat the upper and lower seating areas.

The upper TED, if you run your hand across the rear of the upper seat back, you’ll feel a “square” - that is the TED. Push on the same general area from the front side of the upper seat back - then do the same from the back - does it make a creaking or clicking noise?

Also try moving upper or lower portion of the seat side to side with your hands (not sitting in it, but from outside the car) - can you replicate the noise?

These seats have a lot of electronics, motors, tubing and harnesses internally - so you’re going to experience some type of minor noises when adjusting your body, pressing on seat back with body while driving, etc.

There was a TSB I had posted many months ago on the TSB sub-forum, or maybe it was interior forum. The TSB related directly to S550 front seats for a noise or “clunk”. The TSB contains the fix IF the noise is similar to what you’re experiencing. Just search out my user ID on here and the words “TSB”, “SSM” or “seats” and you should find it.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I remember the intelligent exit feature would screw up on my 2012 F150 from time to time. I finally went into the settings and disabled it. Why put additional wear and tear on the seat motors if it isn't necessary?
Sponsored