Sponsored

2015-2019 ikon motorsports v2 rear louver installed&paint matched.

OP
OP
Rc18

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any visibility using the rear view mirror now? Looks like it would be fairly minimal.
Yes I still have decent visibility rearwards. The backup cam helps to in tight spots.
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Um....the point of vents over glass...cuts down visability…looks like something purchased from autozone… plus those poor taillights are awful. Good paint matching though its a good color.

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
i like it with the color matching. goes with your theme. screw the haters lol. nobody "likes" my wheel spikes, but i run them anyway bc I like the look!
wheel3.jpg
wheel1.jpg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Maybe i'm crazy but i definitely liked the paint matches louver more than i expected myself to. Lol.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the same louvers without paint matching and no mesh in the large openings.
IMG_0264.jpg

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP how do you clean the window?
If you look at the pic I posted, you will see 8 acorn nuts around the perimeter of the louvers. I keep a 10mm nut driver in my cleaning kit. When I want to clean the back window I take of the 8 acorn nuts and lift off the louvers. Allows me to clean the louvers off of the car and unfettered access to the rear window.

Edit: Oops! I just realized you weren't asking about my install. He's going to have a difficult time with that since they attach with 3M all the way around unless you modify them like I did.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I saw that in your pic but the OP doesn't look to have those so was wondering how he cleans it as Im sure the window gets dirty. I like this louver but don't know if I like the nuts being that noticeable. But a quick question for you, if I do this I would do like you and not have the mesh. Are the two side openings flush with the window?

Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Or maybe, since Im getting VB with the blackout I would paint the louver to match black paint. But maybe do the mesh in VB? What yall think?

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that in your pic but the OP doesn't look to have those so was wondering how he cleans it as Im sure the window gets dirty. I like this louver but don't know if I like the nuts being that noticeable. But a quick question for you, if I do this I would do like you and not have the mesh. Are the two side openings flush with the window?
The 2 large openings are almost flush. I have the foam tape applied underneath for anti-rattle which makes it flush. The nuts really aren't that noticeable except up close (like the pic), and personally I think it adds a bit of retro old-school to the look.