Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
oh good, so you are saying you will see these cars all over town, and you can pick one up for yourself if you want?
Well looking at the fact my truck, rv and 18 GT are all paid off, I sure could, I just don't see the value in it. Im glad other people do, so good for them.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I thought it also meant a Cup2 and different magride tuning...

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
oh good, so you are saying you will see these cars all over town, and you can pick one up for yourself if you want?
There is difference between being bespoke, and being “rare”. Gt500 isn’t a bespoke car. Its chassis and overall interior structure is based on a budget platform (i.e base mustang). Reason why these cars are so heavy and have hard time putting power down to the ground. Even my gt350 have hard time putting power down w 305 section r888r tires in the rear. I could only imagine extra 240hp and shit load of tq will do to those rear tires..

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
So with the pricing announced, who is going to give up their allocation because the price to too high?
That is a great question, that will separate the real buyers from the bullshitters and the wanna bees. As far as myself I'm a buyer. Price is high, guzzler tax is total WTF double, but still gonna pull the trigger. Just hope that we are all amazed with the purchase. Like they say "Run Your Shelby Not Your Mouth".

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
$100,000 isn't shit anymore. Look at the $100k performance car segment...

You all knew this was coming. Don't act surprised.
Not intending to rub anyone the wrong way however, this reminds me of the old saying " if you have to ask the price , you can't afford it".

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I thought it also meant a Cup2 and different magride tuning...
Wasn't the HP also supposed to get the adjustable struts? Also, there was talk of 3 different wings: base, the s/wing in the HP, the big race wing in the CFTP. Now it looks like just two, and the only difference with the HP is they toss a gurney flap in the trunk.

Speaking of options - JFC Ford - make BLIS, nav, and full featured side mirrors standard - you've already made the other premium options standard. Just make the B&O audio a standalone option, like a GT.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Much if the pricing doesn't make sense:

1) Why is a vinyl stripe double the price on the GT500 vs the GT350? Is it different vinyl? Seems absurd.

2) Double the gas guzzler tax? Again this doesn't make sense. Same displacement on this engine vs the GT350, it just has a blower on it. I get it might drink more fuel but doubling the figure?

3) Recaros should be included. They are on the GT350. Makes no sense.

4) $1k extra for the tech package...is the to cover the composite strut brace and hood strut cost? Ridiculous IMO.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Is there a 'Go Badgeless' option for 5K?
I'd pay it!! happily!! I might pay that just for the front and back snake, with a clean look

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
2) Double the gas guzzler tax? Again this doesn't make sense. Same displacement on this engine vs the GT350, it just has a blower on it. I get it might drink more fuel but doubling the figure?
It's based on this chart (I believe this is the most recent):

Screen-Shot-2017-03-23-at-12.06.08-PM.png

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
A few things come to mind after reading this entire thread...

Paying $68,240 for my R 2 years ago for a Mustang was a lot of money. The car was misaligned and paint quality was subpar from the factory. After doing paint correction, it's better, but still not perfect. I would be pissed if I got the $10K painted stripes with the quality of paint I've experienced on my last 2 GT350's.

Carbon track pack + painted stripes = price of new Ecoboost = LOL

I just priced out my exact same car, and it's now almost $9K more! Holy shit! I think I'll be holding onto my car for a while as some have suggested, the resale should be quite strong. Maybe this is Ford's way of cashing in on the dealer's absurd ADM tactics. If that's the case, then the pricing makes more sense. I'm just glad I bought my R when I did. I could not justify getting a new '20 GT350R with the current pricing for the same car.

If I was in the market now, I would get a new base ZL1 with the A10 in the high $50K range. That car is a screaming bargain at that price.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Much if the pricing doesn't make sense:

1) Why is a vinyl stripe double the price on the GT500 vs the GT350? Is it different vinyl? Seems absurd.

3) Recaros should be included. They are on the GT350. Makes no sense.

4) $1k extra for the tech package...is the to cover the composite strut brace and hood strut cost? Ridiculous IMO.
Except for maybe the gas guzzler tax the rest is because they can. Ford is going to make the maximum profit from the car they know everyone wants. Cha Ching

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its not like Ford is holding a gun to your heads. And forcing you to spend 100k on a Mustang. The market is there. Just look at all the redeyes running around. That dudes paid 90 grand for. I can afford the car. Being an old guy with no mortgage. To the guys that can afford it. Congrats. Enjoy. And those that can't afford it. Just wait. You'll be able to afford it later in life. When the kids move out. And the house is paid off. Its the only positive to getting older. Why do you think you see so many old men driving Corvettes.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
BLAQWHOLE

For a guy who claims that he does not visit this site, it sure seems like he does:
Laughing as all the little M6G hearts break in realization that they won't be able to afford the GT500...but I can, HAHAHA!! Ok that was immature so, enough teasing and bragging.
And confirming that fact that he is a fraud and a hack:
A fool and his money...I won't be one of those buyers. Not that much and definitely not for a Mustang.
Yet he claims to own multiple high-demand/high-dollar versions of various brands, doesn’t drive them other than as commuter vehicles nd parks them outside his apartment building. Not sure he should be commenting on financial common sense or the buying habits of others.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I don't think the price is going to be an issue....

What cars at 80K will compete with the GT500..? <--- that is the question.
Sponsored