Bridgestone potenza S-04 for trackdays

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
One potential problem with anything but the better TW200 tires on a heavy camber challenged car like a Mustang is destroying the outside edge of the tire long before the tread goes away. Especially since "newbies" tend to drive their hardest in the longer understeer prone corners. My understanding is that even the best TW300 tires like the Michelin PS4S and similar Conti have this problem. HOWEVER if you really do start off "slowly" and pay particular attention to taking care of the outside edges by avoiding "grinding understeer" then by the time you get faster the tread may be worn down enough that the outside edges aren't so sensitive to abuse.
Yep this happened to me last year. Outside shoulders of my stock pirellis were bald as an eagle. Hoping with the added camber that will not be the case this year.
Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I went with Nitto NT555 G2. Definitely not as good as the Pilot Sport, but for street use with occasional track duty, they have held up pretty damn good at over 140MPH and super hard braking at Pacific Raceways.