Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
That might be because they are selling decorations and I want something functional, dark matte black preferred.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Added new wheels (SVE SP2s, 19x10 square).

M5wIH6s.jpg

Now it just needs a drop. :)
M5wIH6s.jpg

Now it just needs a drop. :)[/QUOTE]
I like the way those look on your car. I’m looking for a square set up so I can rotate tires at every oil change. When my PP1 tires wear out I’ll probably be going with that size wheels and tires.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've not had this mustang's wheels off very much yet but normally there is a steel brake shield attached to the spindle behind the rotor and caliper. Its stationary like the caliper and sometimes shops bend them removing the caliper bolts or rotor and they rub the rotor. They will move with the spindle when steering but it could still be changing the tolerance some. Jack up the front and spin the wheel by hand. Then turn steering and do the same.
Just as a followup, it was definitely the brake shield on that side. Was a bit closer to the rotor on the bottom, so I pulled it out some and the metallic scraping is gone when turning now.

Only part left (hopefully) is properly bedding them in and getting rid of the brake screech when coming to a stop (I noticed it wasn't happening when I backed into a parking spot though!).

Sponsored

KE5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Today was Eliminate-the-Distracting-Reflections, Day 2. First day covered steering wheel silver spokes with "chalkboard" flattish-black Contac®-type sticky paper, an effective, satisfactory solution.
Yellow car steering wheel blackened.jpg

Today the Day 2a target was the straight line "carbon fiber" dash segment above the center gauges, as seen in this dashcam screen shot:
mUSTANGS2aTsTOPlIGHTLater_20190609_130308_NF.jpg

I think I got that part done with an oblong of black sticky-back felt. I'm expecting a bit more difficulty hiding the gauge bezels.*

Part 2b was to cover the bottom of the large recessed gauge windows' tunnel with more sticky-back felt. Under High-Noon sunlighting conditions (and quite a few other angles) the faces of the information-givers were totally obscured. Covering the bottoms of the wells with a hand led me to believe my felt inserts would be effective. Remains to be seen.

*About those center gauges: Would anyone having experience with their mounts be able to say whether they can be rotated in their housing? I've done that in a number of racy cars, to make the needles point at twelve o'clock when the measured state is "normal". Stock position is nearly illegible.
I wish someone made flat black replacement parts for the interior

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Car wash.
Inspected read gt badge to see oh hard it would be to remove it for a cleaner look.
Guys who applied my wrap used a fishing line to kind of "saw" it off. But they replaced it with an all black one so they didn't have much to do.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Went out to Kansas Speedway today and got to take a couple of laps.

20190615_135045.jpg
20190615_135104.jpg

Younger son with me, older son and youngest grandson in the truck behind us.

20190615_133937.jpg

Quite fun, even if we only got to "65". Those were the track rules. Did manage to get it up 85 or so. Tried to pull a crossover move on the Camaro in front of us, but didn't want to get busted using the tickets my boss gave me.
We did that a couple years ago. It was a blast even though you are paced. We dropped back a couple times and got up to about 90. My oldest daughter was with me in the Goat and my wife was riding with my youngest daughter in the Camaro. We only live about 10 minutes from the track.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Went to a local car show today.

\
0MVV_aDd8d4-Epuq66o4Q_kMZ-dKbqeWpxYzcCoIj06l8Ttavywex2IcgIdFsnGJKRjw-6jrJDDEaEheqNxq3Rb=s1084-no.jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Changed my spark plugs to a step colder heat range, and replaced the air filter. Was hoping to take her on a drive afterwards, but a line of storms came in and shut those plans down. Will have to test on the commute tomorrow.
Sponsored