2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I try not to get my hopes up too much for auto racing movies. The cast and director on this are first rate but those CGI crashes look pretty suspect. I hope it's more "Rush" than "Driven".

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I am definitely looking forward to seeing this movie.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I don't go to movies much--hate crowds, and it's better at home with cold beer--but I bleed Ford Blue with a little British Racing Green mixed in; I'll be first in line (metaphorically speaking). My late father was a factory rep for Ford during this period, and my first car love was a Cobra (transitioning to Austin-Healeys, which would have been the basis for the Cobra if BMC and Donald Healey had allowed it).

I don't think both Matt Damon and Christian Bale would sign off on a turkey (but the movie might have limited appeal outside of car nuts; fortunately, there's a lot of car nuts).

EDIT: Oh, and the guys that spend more on their red Italian accoutrements than we do on our 'Stangs are gonna hate this makes it all the bettah'.

Last edited:

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
A MUST SEE for me

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Watch "The 24hr War" first if you haven't. Great documentary without Matt Damon.

Reactions: A7X

kevmi44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 ,2007 GT500, 2016 Fiesta ST
Watch "The 24hr War" first if you haven't. Great documentary without Matt Damon.
Agree with Zeus. It's a very good and accurate documentary. The wife and I were able to see a pre-screening of Ford v. Ferrari back in March. While it was shot very well and the cinematography was generally very good, it will drive people that are familiar with the history of the story nuts with the shortcuts, fibs and dramatizations.

In short, if you care about learning about the history go watch "The 24hr War." If you want entertainment that can be somewhat digestible for your significant other, go see 'Ford v. Ferrari.'

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
Hoping this will be good. I loved Rush, was surprised by how good it was. Christian Bale and Bernthal do great work.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Just watched it last weekend, and it was great! My six-year-old son was riveted the entire time. "The Return" is another good documentary on Amazon, about the new GT coming back to and winning Le Mans in 2016.

JR

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really wish this movie didn't have Matt Damon in it.

I will probably wait and watch it for free so that my $$ don't go toward a project with Damon in it. I think it's great that this story is being told, but couldn't they have found someone better than Damon?
Sponsored