Sponsored

Front clip section & PPF... Problem areas

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So my question is... My car is in the shop getting the whole front end done... front bumper, R&L fenders, headlights, hood, side mirrors, plastic part on the rear trunk. Never had experience with PPF before any thing I should be looking for, areas that are more prone to peeling..?
Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you use a power washer you need to be careful not to get too close to any areas where the edges are not wrapped. I'd also suggest spraying from the center to the edge. Otherwise you can take care of it like any other painted surface.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If you use a power washer you need to be careful not to get too close to any areas where the edges are not wrapped. I'd also suggest spraying from the center to the edge. Otherwise you can take care of it like any other painted surface.
This is why I moved to the One Bucket, many cloths method. If not familiar with it you fill a bucket with soap/water and microfiber cloths. Then you grab a cloth, wash 1 panel, then drop the cloth in another bucket, then grab a new wet cloth, repeat. So no contaminates ever go back into the bucket, and nothing moves from 1 panel to the other. I use similar for drying, 1 cloth per panel. Takes me 20 microfiber cloths and 45-60min to fully wash and dry.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is why I moved to the One Bucket, many cloths method. If not familiar with it you fill a bucket with soap/water and microfiber cloths. Then you grab a cloth, wash 1 panel, then drop the cloth in another bucket, then grab a new wet cloth, repeat. So no contaminates ever go back into the bucket, and nothing moves from 1 panel to the other. I use similar for drying, 1 cloth per panel. Takes me 20 microfiber cloths and 45-60min to fully wash and dry.
I use rinseless washes when I'm short on time. Hopefully you're using a rinseless wash solution like ONR instead of regular soap? Although I have a few bins full of microfiber towels, I find it more efficient to use a wash mitt + a few clean towels to wipe.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I use rinseless washes when I'm short on time. Hopefully you're using a rinseless wash solution like ONR instead of regular soap? Although I have a few bins full of microfiber towels, I find it more efficient to use a wash mitt + a few clean towels to wipe.
I'm using Mequiar's Gold Class. It was recomended by my detailer. As they on the reg do all the detail work for my local Porsche dealer and a bunch of super rare cars (my car was literally sitting next to a 1 of 23 Jag, and a SVJ when I went to pick it up) I figured their advice was worth taking. I'm still rinsing the car, I'm not using the hoseless method.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I use a foam cannon & wash mop. I like the chemical guys snow foam with glassworks & do my final wipe with V07.

Never did the micro fiber cloth thing but let me ask you when you wash your clothes do you reuse them & how do you know which panel you used it on last.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I use a foam cannon & wash mop. I like the chemical guys snow foam with glassworks & do my final wipe with V07.

Never did the micro fiber cloth thing but let me ask you when you wash your clothes do you reuse them & how do you know which panel you used it on last.
Yes I reuse them after washing, since they are clean, it doesnt matter what panel they werw last used on, the point is not to drag contaminants from one panel to the other when washing. I use Chemical Guys interior and leather cleaner for my interior.

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes I reuse them after washing, since they are clean, it doesnt matter what panel they werw last used on, the point is not to drag contaminants from one panel to the other when washing. I use Chemical Guys interior and leather cleaner for my interior.
Any specific type of mirco fiber towel, or any will do as long as they are brand new

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Get the quarters done behind the rear wheels, They are susceptible to rock damage.

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Get the quarters done behind the rear wheels, They are susceptible to rock damage.
I'm pretty sure the car is finished at this point I just need to go pick it up. But that PPF stuff is not cheap
Sponsored