2016 5.0 PP
You need at least the id1050x. Should do a full fuel system tho
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The whole point everyone is trying to make is E85 is not cheap to get into and do properly. And the reason you're getting more performance is because the tuner can throw in a lot more timing. But, there's less cushion for failure due to the tune being "turnt up" and E85 is not forgiving if you go lean due to any sort of issue or failure and will detonate in your cylinders like any other fuel.

To do it the right way that is least likely to blow your engine, you should have a fuel system built for E85 (return style with multiple pumps and compatible parts) so you are not anywhere near maxing out the fuel system and you should have large enough injectors to flow all the fuel you need. If you want to push the limits you will find them sooner or later and you will be paying a lot more to fix your blown engine than had you designed a properly working setup from the beginning.

But hey, if you want to ignore a thread full of people warning you and just do whatever you want, then by all means, go ahead. It's your life.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Whats wrong with going with a less expensive option? There's nothing to understand being more frugal, or maybe its overkill for my needs or I'm just cheap. Unless someone is going to fit the bill for me then I think its up to me right? i asked for advice on fueling not trying to understand my logic for spending less money. I beg to differ that alot of guys are making great power with these types of setups and I have gotten some very postive advice on and off the chat rooms..
Nothing wrong with being frugal. I installed a Sai Li fuel system instead of FORE.To be frugal. But it's still a safe system up to 850WHP. Who does your tuning? And what do they think of your math? I'm all for frugal. But wiping out a motor is a 8 grand repair. That puts a huge dent in frugal. I'm 52 and have been using power adders for 30 years. Some times a few extra dollars spent up front. is worth the piece of mind. Good luck on what ever you decide.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Dont you love when guys ask for experienced guys help and then argue with them through the entire thread.When u said u will be running e85 100%!!! of the time,then guys are telling you to build your fuel system for that purpose.I would never try to squeeze 750 or 800 whp out of a one pump fuel system with 72 lb injectors,but hell what do i know.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Lund won’t tune for E with anything less than a full fuel system.

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You want the 1050x injectors because theyre stainless and wont break down over time like others will. Yes, if you go cheaper you're saving money but what happens when one of those cheaper pieces fail and cost you a motor? not so cheap then. Do it right and do it once.

also ask your tuner, although they are going to tell you what were telling you.

OP
OP

fivepointslowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt
First off to the few that are helpful and nice thanks,everything is subjective and keeping that in mind.To those few here I don't understand the tone in my thread for advice?LOL I'm arguing? I stated fact that BPD will tune my car with E85, DW 415 in tank, BAP, and 1000CC injectors thats it..If you don't trust me I'll attach the emails back and forth, why is that so hard to believe. Is that putting into question Rob and Ken's tuning capabilities or openness to tuning those specs of my car in which I will listen to them exclusively. Or lund's policy on only dedicated fuel systems for e85?Stupid or dumb or not good practice, parts fail, but lets be real we can buy the best parts and they fail i get it. In the end I do appreciate advice, good sound advice, advice that says you can or should not and here is why, but not recommended! Not telling me I'm an idiot, quit staying in your budget or Tuners wont tune it, just send it! Honestly enough is enough, I have heard all I need to hear. Thanks again

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Just so u understand my responce,u started off by saying u were not sure of injector choice and maybe thinking about saving some money on 72 lb injectors.Palm beach byno said they would tune it with 1000cc injectors,quarentee they would not on 72 lb injectors.I have seen many cars tuned to edge my self included trying to make a stretched out fuel.system work and it dont end well.Only thing that saved me was a data log ALOT!!!.Ending up.spending way more money and still have things to change from prior fuel system.800 hp on e85 takes a stout fuel system and if its not up to task your not gojng to see knock in your logs,your just going to have melted pistons because e85 does not knock when it goes lean.Alot of guys are just trying to help u not go through what they did.

Sponsored

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
Go with ID1050 and return fuel system and don't look back..

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Just so u understand my responce,u started off by saying u were not sure of injector choice and maybe thinking about saving some money on 72 lb injectors.Palm beach byno said they would tune it with 1000cc injectors,quarentee they would not on 72 lb injectors.I have seen many cars tuned to edge my self included trying to make a stretched out fuel.system work and it dont end well.Only thing that saved me was a data log ALOT!!!.Ending up.spending way more money and still have things to change from prior fuel system.800 hp on e85 takes a stout fuel system and if its not up to task your not gojng to see knock in your logs,your just going to have melted pistons because e85 does not knock when it goes lean.Alot of guys are just trying to help u not go through what they did.

Truth. You’ll melt your motor before you knock on e85.

It’s amazing fuel but can bite you in the ass quickly.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
E85 doesnt give a damn about knock or temps itll just wash it out.

I blew up 3 cammed gen5 M90 3800 V6s on E85 back in the days before I could afford a S550.

E85 baby pulley and send it!

Itll last for a while and its a roll of the dice what went 1st the junk 4tfail transmissions or the engine bagging for mercy living on the edge with fire spitting heaton guzzling E85.

LOL!!!

Them were the days! Send it, Blow it up, Rebuild, Repeat.

Junk was so cheap to just keep throwing junk yard 3800s at it.

Anyways sorry.

Buy a fuel system or stay on pump until you hqve one. These engines arent nearly as cheap LOL!!

Nola504boy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2018 Mustang gt
That’s all I tried telling him was to buy a fuel system or stay on 93 until he can afford one. He says he’s frugal, well if you want to be frugal at least get a Sai Li system to run e85 with boost.

People are just trying to help you & in return you’re telling us “we’re wrong & it’s plenty people making good power with the dw400”. The thing you don’t seem to realize is for how long will their motor hold up. But like I said it’s your car so send it, if you’re not wanting to take our advice. Also just because a tuner decides to tune it doesn’t mean you should do it man. I’m quite sure everyone here who is telling this has been there & done it.

Me myself this is my 3rd boosted car so I been doing this for a while & seen a lot & also wasted a lot of money from not doing things right the first time. So please listen & do it it the right way or pay more later down the line. Good Luck this is my last reply!!
Sponsored