Sponsored

Here’s an example of an expensive day at the track.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I would have asked to keep the piece of barrier. I drove the track for a couple laps in my brother's new M240i when he did Euro delivery. I'm glad I got to, but it was so stressful I'm not sure I'd call it enjoyable. I just remembered that whenever I saw a corner with chalk writing and photographers to slow down...

I was actually debating get my car shipped to Europe for this track! But yeah scary. Then again could happen at my local track.
Just my own personal opinion, but I'd advise against that. The track has so many turns and nuances that prevent you from really being able to learn it unless you're there for an extended period of time. So you end up not pushing the car because you can't keep track of how you took a given turn the last time you saw it since you probably forgot about it. Then it's compounded by the fear of damaging your own car and making sure your car doesn't get damaged by the recklessness of the other drivers around you. I think you'd enjoy the track much more doing one of the track car rentals that companies by the track offer. That way you can push a track-prepped rental and focus on enjoying the track itself instead of focusing on not damaging your own car.
Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I ht this track several times while in Germany. After driving a slow car fast on it, I never drove a higher HP car on the ring. Risk factor is extremely high!
I have never driven the Ring, but a German friend of mine who lives reasonably close drives it regularly (mostly on bikes). He says the track tries to kill you!

<TED>

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Typical race track recovery. Goal is to get the damaged car off of the track as fast as possible, not as cleanly as possible.
Most people are not familiar with the ring and how it operates especially on track days (Touristenfahrten).
The track hardly ever goes full yellow but only the sections where hazard is present and that is if there is a tower/corner worker, normally there are only spectators. 13 miles long, so many corners and many which are blind. It's a true test of intestinal fortitude, almost no room for error.

"For a quick lap at the Nürburgring, you've probably experienced more in seven minutes...than most people have experienced in all their life in the way of fear, in the way of tension, in the way of animosity towards machinery and to a racetrack." Jackie Stewart

"One of the biggest issues at the Nurburgring public sessions is when drivers run out of skill, this usually results in a crash of some description which will undoubtedly be caught on camera by one of the tracks many vloggers. The price of crashing, however, is expensive, very expensive".
https://drivetribe.com/p/the-nurbur...w-m5SoWDGWLEXzl8ZQ?iid=eBSjBWkXTf2pi4CGFyzdXw

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I would have asked to keep the piece of barrier. I drove the track for a couple laps in my brother's new M240i when he did Euro delivery. I'm glad I got to, but it was so stressful I'm not sure I'd call it enjoyable. I just remembered that whenever I saw a corner with chalk writing and photographers to slow down...

Just my own personal opinion, but I'd advise against that. The track has so many turns and nuances that prevent you from really being able to learn it unless you're there for an extended period of time. So you end up not pushing the car because you can't keep track of how you took a given turn the last time you saw it since you probably forgot about it. Then it's compounded by the fear of damaging your own car and making sure your car doesn't get damaged by the recklessness of the other drivers around you. I think you'd enjoy the track much more doing one of the track car rentals that companies by the track offer. That way you can push a track-prepped rental and focus on enjoying the track itself instead of focusing on not damaging your own car.
I wanted to take a month or 2 and drive across Europe see some of the roads from top gear/ visit family. A European delivery M2 might make more sense though.
Sponsored