Sponsored

Base GT brembo upgrade - air in lines?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I went for a test drive and thought the initial press felt soft, but after that it was firm. Driving around there seems to be no change. The only thing bothering me is that when I'm stopped, if I push really hard and keep the pressure, I can feel the pedal slowly sink and hit a stop (not the floor). It won't do that if I'm just using normal pressure. Now I could do this before the swap but not sure if it was as easy. I could be paranoid...

I honestly think this is pretty normal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Svtcobra66

Svtcobra66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Turns out it is normal I guess, I did a track day today and brakes held up great, no fade. Maybe it was in my head, or because of the slight different in size of the master cylinder on the non perf pack Mustang? I ended up putting two liters of the ate 2000 through the system to be sure before I went.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i was under the impression any gt guys who upgraded to PP brakes or better the master cylinder had to be replaced..is this true?

OP
OP
Svtcobra66

Svtcobra66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i was under the impression any gt guys who upgraded to PP brakes or better the master cylinder had to be replaced..is this true?
No, a lot of guys have done it and been just fine. I feel like that started from Vorschlag, and maybe they're pushing the limits past those of us mere mortals, or they had air in the lines. I didn't have any stopping issues and probably ran 8-10 20 min sessions today. The track only lets you get up to about 110mph so haven't tried any higher, but I can't imagine it's going to be an issue for most people. Ford sells the kit without the master cylinder from the perf pack.

OP
OP
Svtcobra66

Svtcobra66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
yup thats exactly where i read and/or watched it..thanks for the info
It's definitely worth the upgrade if you're thinking about it. I got takeoffs from Shelby on ebay, they were in good shape with brakepads included. I paid $560 plus shipping, then sold the originals for $150. So it can be done for relatively little money.
Sponsored