Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Only thing the PC manual doesn't tell you to do is you MUST use red locktite on the dowel bolts that attach to the PC 8 rib crank pulley. Other than that, zero tricks or special techniques.
I had the exact same experience as this. I did not use red loctite as I didn’t know about this.
Both kits are simple to install. If you do the stage ll like mentioned above use loctite on the eccentric bolts.
What’s all this about red loctite? Just learning about this for the first time. Didn’t use any on my install. Any of you guys got a link to more info?

Oh and to the OP, I installed mine over a weekend in the driveway. Stage 2 P1SC @beefcake special and Lund tuned. Don’t regret a thing. @ahl395 ’s thread is extremely detailed and helped me a lot along with a lot of PMs from other forum members. Great bunch on here. Only issue I had was trying to get a corded impact gun into the space to loosen the crank bolt. Had to borrow a friend’s air impact gun.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I think its one of those piece of mind things. When I first installed the stage two after a week the eccentrics cam loose and ...well yeah it was an issue. When I did it a second time I used locktite and never had another issue. I probably screwed up the first time and got it right the second. It does not call for it in the instructions. When I called the tech line after the first mishap they recommended I use it.

Bewsted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT perf pack.
Hey Bewsted fellow metro ATL guy here also (southside) thanks for the info and dyno numbers. From all the feedback I am getting I am really looking at a tuner kit. Just not sure if HO with stage 2 intercooler or just a stage 2. Not sure how I feel about the stage 2 crank pulley putting extra pressure on crank but also worry about belt slipping. Have you had any issues with that? Also where did you have your dyno performed. Not many places that i can find around me that do it?
Belt slipped a little after about 600-700 miles but I think just stretch. Adjustment took care of it.

The dyno was just some pulls at Power Lab Performance in Lithia Springs. I’m active with SE Gen6 Mustangs Facebook group. They put on the event, consider joining the group. Mo Albioden can help build you a kit and he’s active in the club. Nice to have local support if you need it. Mospeedusa.com
Sponsored