Sponsored

Hello from Worcester

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Hi Everyone,

So i'm the current new guy :) My name is Gary and i live in Worcester (well just north of it). I bought a 2.3, Magnetic last year. Although it didn't all go well. I was planning to join last year but my new ownership experience went pear shaped 5 weeks in when my new pride and joy got wiped out by a van, taking out the entire drivers side of the car (new wing new door, new rear 3/4, new boot). ÂŁ12k's worth of repairs and 10 weeks later she was home. Be warned Ford may not have the parts you need if it all goes wrong (but i did get a lot of goodies from Ford for my pain (Hoodies, T Shirts, Models and stuff after i moaned about the lead time). Just glad i have a dashcam - although i'm off to court as the van driver is lying through his back teeth and his insurance company is claiming 50/50 and my insurance company laughed at his statement. I'll post the video once its sorted and you can have a laugh too.

Then the Sync 3 Sat nav stopped working, i think that was residual from the accident, but that was fixed last week. I finally feel like i have my car back now.

Planning first upgrades in the spring - the upgrade fund will be very healthy by then.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and picking your brains.

cheers
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome Gary!

Firstly, great choice on spec :) i had exactly the same befor my GT...

What a nasty start to ownership, glad to hear you’re still excited about what’s to come! It’s definitely worth it. Plenty of brains to pick here, and hey - i may even need to pick yours...suffering the woes of Ford lead time myself at the moment. You may have seen the other thread about my water leak dramas.

Here’s hoping you have a more enjoyable year and wrap up the insurance claim stuff quickly! Any modification in mind? Or are you looking for inspiration?

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Welcome Gary!

Firstly, great choice on spec :) i had exactly the same befor my GT...

What a nasty start to ownership, glad to hear you’re still excited about what’s to come! It’s definitely worth it. Plenty of brains to pick here, and hey - i may even need to pick yours...suffering the woes of Ford lead time myself at the moment. You may have seen the other thread about my water leak dramas.

Here’s hoping you have a more enjoyable year and wrap up the insurance claim stuff quickly! Any modification in mind? Or are you looking for inspiration?
Thanks for the welcome I've not got to your thread, just seen your condensation thread, give me a link and I'll read up. So much to read here, I'm swamped.

I'm not sure on the upgrade front. A new exhaust is a given and a new CAI. I'm not into boy racer tuning without hardware so I'm holding off on that front and any tuning will be conservative. I've got friend who tunes his car and blows it up pretty regularly and wonders why it's gone pop. At the moment I'm looking at Mountune or the Clive Sutton CS350 package. Any other thoughts would be welcome.

Darkeeboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 convertible
Welcome from another Worcester magnetic owner!! We’ll have to arrange a meet up between here and Droitwich

Sponsored

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Welcome from another Worcester magnetic owner!! We’ll have to arrange a meet up between here and Droitwich
We certainly will! I can usually be found hooning around the a443 and A44. I'm also a big fan of Martley to Broadheath road

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Welcome! Nearly went for the Mountune M335 upgrade on my Ecoboost but it was a lot of money for not a lot of power I felt in the end, definitely worth adding an exhaust though as the standard Ecoboost sounds terrible. I fitted a cheap Direnza cat back system and it sounded pretty nice, very Focus RS MK3 sound to it with pops etc, wasn’t prepared to pay £1000 for a similar result. Would have gone further with the tuning but I eventually gave in to the V8 in December and swapped it in for a new 5.0 GT, Kinda wish I got it in the first place as fuel consumption isn’t that far off the “eco” boost.

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! Nearly went for the Mountune M335 upgrade on my Ecoboost but it was a lot of money for not a lot of power I felt in the end, definitely worth adding an exhaust though as the standard Ecoboost sounds terrible. I fitted a cheap Direnza cat back system and it sounded pretty nice, very Focus RS MK3 sound to it with pops etc, wasn’t prepared to pay £1000 for a similar result. Would have gone further with the tuning but I eventually gave in to the V8 in December and swapped it in for a new 5.0 GT, Kinda wish I got it in the first place as fuel consumption isn’t that far off the “eco” boost.
Hi Adam, in word it was money I got a pretty good deal on a pre facelift 2.3. but the 5.0.... between insurance, tax, monthlys and fuel it was getting into divorce territory. . Of course, I wanted the 5.0 but I've been nothing put impressed with the 2.3, after all it's hardly slow and once you realise where the power band is it's pretty easy to keep it on the moving rapidly.

I want to keep any mods the right side of the warranty, don't want to give Ford any excuses to be honest. So I'm concider my options carefully. I'm going to have a chunk of money to play with come the end of Feb and there are lots of options to concider. I think exhaust is given though as you say it's not the best sounding machine.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Thanks, I'll post some later Including the crash damage
Welcome to the forum...

A word of advice if I may...don’t post pics of crash damage. You may wish to sell the car in the future and pics of a crashed car on the internet could surface and scupper a sale...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the welcome I've not got to your thread, just seen your condensation thread, give me a link and I'll read up. So much to read here, I'm swamped.

I'm not sure on the upgrade front. A new exhaust is a given and a new CAI. I'm not into boy racer tuning without hardware so I'm holding off on that front and any tuning will be conservative. I've got friend who tunes his car and blows it up pretty regularly and wonders why it's gone pop. At the moment I'm looking at Mountune or the Clive Sutton CS350 package. Any other thoughts would be welcome.
I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Cobb access port & tune before I decided to trade up - give that a little search. Had to scour my youtube history for this one & it was amusing to see just how many exhaust vids I've watched! My choice for the EB exhaust wise was the Magnaflow street cat back (i'm pretty sure anyway).

Popular first mods are lowering springs/spacers to address the stock ride height & give a better stance - plenty of pics in the links from my signature if you want to see what mine looked like.

P.s. Agree with Enoch on the damage pics front. As much as we'd love to see them...

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Cobb access port & tune before I decided to trade up - give that a little search. Had to scour my youtube history for this one & it was amusing to see just how many exhaust vids I've watched! My choice for the EB exhaust wise was the Magnaflow street cat back (i'm pretty sure anyway).

Popular first mods are lowering springs/spacers to address the stock ride height & give a better stance - plenty of pics in the links from my signature if you want to see what mine looked like.

P.s. Agree with Enoch on the damage pics front. As much as we'd love to see them...
Thanks for the advise guys. I'll post somthing fuller later, in the middle of work at the moment. Boo!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding mountune, don't do it, it's the cobb ap stage 1 (Lessened) tune.

And clive sutton, just a flat out nope.

If you want a well performing Eco, let me know and i'll tell you what you need, i've been full bolt on and dailied, raced, drag raced for over a year now with 12k and counting miles on full bolt on mods.
Thanks for the advise guys. I'll post somthing fuller later, in the middle of work at the moment. Boo!

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Regarding mountune, don't do it, it's the cobb ap stage 1 (Lessened) tune.

And clive sutton, just a flat out nope.

If you want a well performing Eco, let me know and i'll tell you what you need, i've been full bolt on and dailied, raced, drag raced for over a year now with 12k and counting miles on full bolt on mods.
Thanks man.

That's a hell of a list! Thanks for the offer. You're in Sutton, I used to live in Sutton and Turdington (I'm a Brummie, I left 4 years ago ) still have family in Sutton.

So many questions. I'm away with work at the moment. When I get back I'll put some questions together - about the upgrade path I should concideration if I push the button. Thanks again, sounds like and exciting journey.
Sponsored

Last edited: