Sponsored

PP1 vs non PP1

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Anyone ever drive both? My all season tires which have fared well in my non-pp model almost feel as if the addition of the 3.55 rear diff in PP1 car I have now makes the tires want to spin/slide more while turning out onto streets from a parking lot.. Am I crazy?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well.....yes.

Maybe not crazy, but this is a perceptual issue. PP1 cars are quite a bit more stable, and more "tossable". They mask the speed, it all feels too easy. They goad you into driving harder.

So.....you are.

And your tires, which don't work well when cold (of course, you didn't deign to tell us where you live, so this is just a guess), aren't working very well in November, and you're too new to the PP tires to understand that.

Then you have the 3.55s, and they multiply the power more, so your cold tires are taking even more of a beating.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All season tires also aren't as stable either as summer tires either. They'll tend to roll over on themselves a bit more. Please don't end up on YouTube doing Mustang things.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Well.....yes.

Maybe not crazy, but this is a perceptual issue. PP1 cars are quite a bit more stable, and more "tossable". They mask the speed, it all feels too easy. They goad you into driving harder.

So.....you are.

And your tires, which don't work well when cold (of course, you didn't deign to tell us where you live, so this is just a guess), aren't working very well in November, and you're too new to the PP tires to understand that.

Then you have the 3.55s, and they multiply the power more, so your cold tires are taking even more of a beating.
My PP summer tires/rims off the car...

I have backup AM black rims with 19in PZero all seasons that I picked up from AM... I get that the summer tires blow in November, but thought the all seasons wouldn't be nearly doing the same thing as the summer tires, just 3 days ago in same weather the 18 stang non PP wasn't doing this when turning out onto roads. I thought maybe it was from the gears on the PP or maybe I got low end torque back now that I no longer have an xpipe...

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I'm thinking of getting bliztek winter tires, this is my daily driver up here near NYC. If the all seasons are doing this on dry pavement, I would hate to see cold and wet or cold and slushy/icy.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
I think the biggest factor is the torsen diff in the PP1 car. When making a tight turn going relatively slowly the torsen can get a little weird. Mine does the same as you describe and it's just something you have to deal with. The torsen is basically a racing diff so it doesn't guarantee perfect manners at slow speeds pulling out of a parking lot...
Sponsored