Sponsored

Well, Looks Like The Time Has Come

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Unfortunately my '18 needs a long block replacement and might have the same decision to make here soon. If I'm approved for a buyback I'm going to be looking at a 2017+ BRZ among other cars. Sure it has less power, A LOT less power, but on the test drive I was able to floor it through 3 gears and only hit 65 mph. And.... it was fun. If I did that in my 18 that would be jail time speeds (which is also fun)..
BRZ is a fun little car. Reminded me of my S2000 in many aspects but slower. Even though the design has been around forever, I'd probably go for slightly used 370z if I wanted a fun and reliable import.
Sponsored

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
Blasphemy!

I won’t spit on you. BRZ/Toyota 86 drivers are better than Mustang drivers in skill anyway. The after market may have gone to them too...

The fact they don’t get it shows how limited some of them Mustang owners are. Even if you give them a Mustang EV that will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds they will bitch and scream about it. But I’m one of them - so like family if you know what that means.

What can you do? :crying:
You know what they say, we only complain because we care! Except when your engine blows at 7600 miles. At that point I'm just complaining because that sucks...

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would go for a 5.0GT 10A PP1 car. Your love for speed won't change unless you mentally make the change.While a putt putt car might slow you down in normal DtoD driving, once you get on a nice twisty road your instinct for speed will take over. Also, invest in a good radar detector.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You know what they say, we only complain because we care! Except when your engine blows at 7600 miles. At that point I'm just complaining because that sucks...

V6 owners change their water pumps at 100,000 miles. And we bitch about that... :cwl:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
If you really want to shake it up, get an RS!

I'm sure it would work great year round in your area and will be much more fun than an EB Mustang....

EDIT: Forgot you needed auto...so nevermind!

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I have ALS and manage at this point to walk just fine. However, shifting causes muscle spasms in my left calve and bothers my hip. So I just got rid of my beloved 2015 Mustang GT LE and got into a 2018 Ecoboost Perf Pack with 10 speed auto.

Last edited by a moderator:

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Funny, all my tickets have been in slow/practical cars: Pontiac Sunbird 2000, Chevy Cavalier, Mazda Protege, and a Honda Element (not my car BTW).

The moment I started upping the horsepower, the tickets have been hard to come by. Maybe I'm hypnotizing the cops with my stylish rides now. :crazy:

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Maybe people who live in places where the cops only exist to extort money from the citizenry, should not buy performance cars. If you live elsewhere and know where you can get away with "testing" your car, get a fast car. I have driven my car often over 100 mph for 3-5 mile stretches and average 80mph in a 70mph zone without issue.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got rid of a very much loved Focus ST when my commute went from livable, to ridiculous. I'm 48 and have always been prone to tendinitis in my knees and elbows, and had suffered through it until recently, but this new commute pushed me over the edge.

I feel ya, NoVaGT.

On the plus side, this change made me realize how lame FWD is, even in a good car. I hope I never have to go back.
Former ST owner as well. Traded it for my GT and not a day goes by where I don’t miss that car. It’s a different type of special.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Trades his GT in for a 4 cylinder. :crackup: I don’t know You :shock:

You know your still gonna get tickets in the Ecoboost with that quick 10 speed right ?

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My other car is a Fiesta ST- and each is a pleasure to drive in their own way. I love my FIST- it is so quick off the line and nimble due to the light weight. It doesn't accelerate like the GT in a straight line but it handles so crisp. I only have an MBRP exhaust and it sounds so good. Can't wait to give it a larger intercooler, air intake and a tune.

But the most fun car I have ever owned was my 2016 Miata ND. Not super fast in a straight line either but it was so quick and able to change speeds so quickly- like a motorcycle. Now someone wanting a super fun to drive car (not a drag car) take a look at a Miata ND. And oh, you can drive it hard, have fun mashing the throttle all day, carving corners and get 35 MPG.

But I'm a manual guy- I tried an automatic, my first one ever in a car with my 2017 RS Camaro and it was just awful, plagued with defects. I like the concept of an automatic but now I am so paranoid after the Camaro.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Trades his GT in for a 4 cylinder. :crackup: I don’t know You :shock:

You know your still gonna get tickets in the Ecoboost with that quick 10 speed right ?

Maybe the guy gets constantly bothered for a race driving a bright yellow 5.0 GT? An Ecoboost (or my V6) gets way less of that attention. Kind of hard to just stare ahead and drive normally in those situations. Maybe he can only solve the car problem by going to the Ecoboost and keep the payments the same and live without a painful foot. I’d take care of the foot problem cause you have to walk and all that, for the rest of your life, so the car goes. But that’s his call. I used to race bicycles in university and got some knee problems in the end. I took it easy on the knees and while it took seven years all the problems went away. 28 years later no legacy knee problems that is the reality for me. You can turn back the clock on some physical problems.

Anyway it’s his decision. It’s just a car at the end of the day. Look! Here comes another car, and another, and another. Waking up to a painful foot though, that’s a drag...

Oh, one last thing. There have been more than a few married with children guys who got into some “spirited driving” and almost almost lost it. Thought about his family and all - then sold the car. Not saying this has anything to do with the op - but it has happened to some guys I know....

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Blasphemy!

I won’t spit on you. BRZ/Toyota 86 drivers are better than Mustang drivers in skill anyway. The after market may have gone to them too...

The fact they don’t get it shows how limited some of them Mustang owners are. Even if you give them a Mustang EV that will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds they will bitch and scream about it. But I’m one of them - so like family if you know what that means.

What can you do? :crying:
Going from a 5.0 to a BRZ? Yes, it handles better, but any schmo in an economy car can now match speeds with you. That would be a downgrade. Just my .02.

Honestly, the new Supra coming out intrigues me

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Going from a 5.0 to a BRZ? Yes, it handles better, but any schmo in an economy car can now match speeds with you. That would be a downgrade. Just my .02.

Honestly, the new Supra coming out intrigues me

Your driving skills will improve with the BRZ because you can drive it to the limit and play the edge. Not so much with a 5.0. Just saying...
Sponsored