Sponsored

Mud flaps/rock guards for my new 'Stang

jameskhana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base
Based on this thread I ordered Rockblox (via Amazon) and received them yesterday. I haven't had a chance to install them, but the kit looks complete and what ultimately sold it for me was the hardware. I guess I'm too old school to trust double sided tape in an environment like that and coming from a 4X4 background, crappy mudflaps and torn up fender liners and aren't too uncommon of a site on the side of a trail :) I know this is entirely different, just sayin' for what it's worth........
Agreed! I bought RokBlokz for my Tacoma 5-6 years ago, and based on the pictures in this thread their hardware looks significantly improved (which was really my only issue with their Tacoma kit at the time).
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Based on the information in this thread, i also ordered the Rokblokz from Amazon and just received them today. I'll post some pics and impressions once they're installed in few weeks. Waiting for the spacers now ! :fingerscrossed:

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Based on the information in this thread, i also ordered the Rokblokz from Amazon and just received them today. I'll post some pics and impressions once they're installed in few weeks. Waiting for the spacers now ! :fingerscrossed:
Excellent. Will like to see pics of the spacers once you receive them. Are you going to put them with original rims and what size did you choose?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Excellent. Will like to see pics of the spacers once you receive them. Are you going to put them with original rims and what size did you choose?
I have the OEM PP wheels 19x9 255/40 at the front and 19x9.5 275/40 at the rear. I'm going a different route with the spacers, not getting the bolt-on adapter type ones but slip on type hub and wheel centric spacers available from @Optimum Performance. These spacers require installing extended lug nuts.

I purchased the following parts

ARP 14MM Extended Length Stud 5 Pack Length: 1" Longer Than Stock SKU: 100-7733 (set of 4)
20MM Hub Centric - Wheel Centric - Wheel Spacer - Pair SKU: OP20MM (for the rear)
25MM Hub Centric - Wheel Centric - Wheel Spacer - Pair SKU: OP25MM (for the front)
Gorilla Automotive 26143BC Small Diameter Duplex Acorn 5-Lug Kit (Pack of 20)

The current wheels will eventually be replaced next year with 19x11 square setup (305/30) but until then i hope the spacers will keep me happy !

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks... Will check them out.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Can someone tell me if it is absolutely necessary to remove the rear wheels in order to fit the Rokblokz? I am about to order them but I don’t want to remove the rear wheels as I don’t have the tools to do that.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I haven't tackled the job yet, but just eyeballing it, I think you could squeeze your hands and tools in there but it will likely be challenging. I plan to just put the car on jack stands and use it as an opportunity to clean / polish the wheels while I've got 'em off...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yeah, I just ordered them from Amazon and I will receive them next week. I am not going to remove the rear wheels, I will simply squeeze my hands in there. I use 25mm wheel spacers on all four and my P51 wheels have an offset of 35, so I get mud and debris everywhere. I am looking forward to fitting them.

Dave_6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB Mustang GT PP
I removed the wheels to do mine. I really don't see how it can be done otherwise especially when you have to drill a hole out to a larger size on the rears.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm going to give the Rokblokz a shot soon. My ZL1's flaps didn't hold up well to last winter (one cracked a piece off) and the double sided tape doesn't work well no matter how much time and prep I put into them.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Well i received the Rokblokz Guards yesterday and they were installed. As stated by others the orientation and instructions of the clips are not so clear but once you get it is a piece of cake the installation.

Also there is no way to install the rear ones without taking the rims out. I took the opportunity and installed also the Security Locks of the Rims.

Very satisfied with the quality and look of these. Here are a few pics for reference...
Front - Rear Passenger.jpg
Front - Rear.jpg
Front 2.jpg
Rear Inside.jpg
Front Without Rims 2.jpg

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, and that beautiful paint is very well protected. On my PP2 they tires are still a little outside the guards, but it helps a ton!

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, and that beautiful paint is very well protected. On my PP2 they tires are still a little outside the guards, but it helps a ton!
Thanks @NIXPP2 ... Actually i was thinking to go with a wider tires and rims but not going outside the fenders but this is a game changer. Seems that i will stay with the OEM sizes nd without spacers..

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Well i received the Rokblokz Guards yesterday and they were installed. As stated by others the orientation and instructions of the clips are not so clear but once you get it is a piece of cake the installation.

Also there is no way to install the rear ones without taking the rims out. I took the opportunity and installed also the Security Locks of the Rims.

Very satisfied with the quality and look of these. Here are a few pics for reference...
Front - Rear Passenger.jpg
Front - Rear.jpg
Front 2.jpg
Rear Inside.jpg
Front Without Rims 2.jpg
Got them in the mail yesterday. Fully agree, the instructions are ridiculous but it doesn't seem too hard for the install. I'll post some pics after i put them on this week

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
As stated by others the orientation and instructions of the clips are not so clear but once you get it is a piece of cake the installation.
I gotta agree with wcharon, I have only had time to install the front flaps on my car but felt like a monkey with a hammer trying to figure out the instructions for the clips (the top attachment in for the front flaps). Once you sort that out they go on easy and you can do it without taking the front wheels off (I just turned mine fully to one side). Something to point out that wasn't obvious to me is the flaps have a textured side and a smooth side. The smooth side is supposed to face your tire w/the textured side facing outward (toward the back of the car). They will go on either way.... ask me how I know :)

Also agree that it's a no go on the rears without taking off the wheels. I held 'em up, eyeballed it, and nope... so that'll be when I have a bit more time later this week. I usually take the opportunity to clean and polish the wheels anyway so it's not a bad deal...

IMO these are the best bang for the buck option right now.... go for it!
Sponsored

Last edited: