M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I did hear about an incident like this from a friend that had the earlier version of the 5.0. I see you have an ecoboost but the same theory applies.
I believe he said it was the idle speed sensor? Not sure, but he was at a stop light when it went nearly WOT. He reached down and stabbed at the ignition switch, trying to shut it down.
Just as he got it shut down, the guy next to him that thought he wanted to race, burned rubber, going like hell when the light turned green. He was just sitting there wondering what just happened.
Too funny.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
It was my Weather Tech floor mats! Yeah..Yeah..I should have been more observant! But with black carpet and black mats...I wasn't able to see that the mat was shifting enough to cover the gas pedal.
I bought the WT mats when I bought the convertible. At that time, the WT mats did not come with snap rings! They just had indentations where the floor snap pins are located. As the mats slowly wore, the indentations stopped preventing the mats from shifting. After 3 years, the indentations let the mats slip easily. Because the mats had held before, it never occurred to me that they were now moving so easily. The WT mats are 'boat-shaped' and the fronts can easily slide under or over the gas pedal.

My dealer told me that they have had numerous complaints about WT mats starting to slide after a couple of years usage.
Newer WT mats do come with snap rings. In fact, when I contacted WT about the mats sliding...they send out a new pair with snap rings without charge!

If you did install Weather Tech mats...check to make sure that the mats came with snap rings. Otherwise...expect some unexpected surges as they wear!