Sponsored

The hidden ponies

TxStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Fastback, 89 Gt, 91 LX
Dave Pericak also said the design team was given liberal leeway to implement ponies in each of their areas. When the cars start showing up, this thread needs a sticky so we can track where they are all at. One of the Team Mustang guys told me at the banquet that there were alot hidden, but he would not give up any numbers. He said it was going to be a great Easter Egg Hunt.
Maybe the Press/PR team took this leeway too far and decided to keep the 400+ ponies under the hood hidden too. It would explain why they aren't releasing the promised horsepower numbers.
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Personally I would already be happy if they came up with a hood that doesn't rust at the front edge.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
I'd prefer the extra ponies actually be inside the engine.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Personally I would already be happy if they came up with a hood that doesn't rust at the front edge.
The hood is aluminum (and has been since 2005) so it doesn't rust. At worst if the paint chips, you'll get some surface oxidation but it will never corrode all the way through

Sponsored

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The aluminum parts on the Mustang have to be protected from galvanic action when sprayed with salt spray. Supposedly where they are fastened to steel parts, there are isolation pads, etc. Some of the 'all-aluminum' F150s up here in MN are showing 'corrosion' where the two metals meet, because of all the wet salt spray that is thrown up from the roads. My dealer recommends washing the vehicles at least once a week.
A couple of my friends have bought 'no-limit' passes to car washes and wash their cars/trucks as often as they can.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
There have been significant oxidation problems with the S197 hoods. Hopefully Ford's got it figured out for the 2015 (not to mention the F150...).
Yeah, I read read about that. Seems like a common S197 problem. Hopefully since they committed to the aluminum structure with the new F150 they figured out how to paint aluminum. I guess we will find out in a few years. :shrug:
Sponsored