Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
Here we go for 2019 model year!

Once you have placed your 2019 Mustang orders, post up what you've ordered and vote in the poll!

For more information:
On ordering/scheduling and to learn how to track your vehicle, visit the WIKI section on orders HERE.

Previous model years:
  • 2015 Mustang Orders thread HERE
  • 2016 Mustang Orders thread HERE
  • 2017 Mustang Orders thread HERE
  • 2018 Mustang Orders thread HERE

I placed my order slightly over two weeks ago, and I was told it would take about two weeks to “get in the system“ or get a VIN generated. On COTUS, I’m still getting “A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order“. Is this normal, or should it be at a point where at least the order number is recognized?
Sponsored

ofgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible Premium
Ordered 6/22. Cotus 7/12. In Production 8/28. Awaiting Shipping 9/7 (today). EDD is still 9/17, which is feasible for delivery in MI.
Delivered 9/13 and I picked it up yesterday. In my case COTUS was accurate with it's estimated delivery date.

Very happy so far. The seats in the 2019 401A feel a lot nicer than I remember in the 2017 rental I had a little while back. Active Exhaust is better than I had expected, there is a big difference between Normal and Track mode. The only compromise I made was that I didn't choose the $900 speaker upgrade. I was nervous that I'd regret it, but so far the standard speakers have been good even with the top down.

Orange Fury is gorgeous. No regrets on color choice.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I placed my order slightly over two weeks ago, and I was told it would take about two weeks to “get in the system“ or get a VIN generated. On COTUS, I’m still getting “A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order“. Is this normal, or should it be at a point where at least the order number is recognized?
Pretty normal. I experienced the same thing.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
Just want to add a little information regarding possible EDD delays. My order went from 'production complete' to 'awaiting transit' right on the COTUS schedule. It then sat in awaiting shipment for longer than the COTUS estimate by a couple of weeks. I started to get very frustrated and was not told why my car couldn't be delivered from Flat Rock to the Chicago area more quickly. After delivery I have inspected the car closely and can see that there was a fitment adjustment to the left front fender after it was painted. The adjustment was definitely needed and I applaud Ford for not releasing the vehicle with a poorly fitted fender. I also now realize what my delay was all about! Too bad I couldn't get the information that my car was diverted for quality improvement. I would have been fine with a delay knowing the reason...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had a EDD 10/30 and 10/4 production now EDD still is same, but today got update that is now in production earlier on 9/17. I went to the FORD site also and it now has a window sticker link and new instructions to go view it under my timeline, but still no window sticker available yet after I click it. oh now it is a Monday car.... ouch.. :p

cotus.png

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Mine had a EDD 10/30 and 10/4 production now EDD still is same, but today got update that is now in production earlier on 9/17. I went to the FORD site also and it now has a window sticker link and new instructions to go view it under my timeline, but still no window sticker available yet after I click it. oh now it is a Monday car.... ouch.. :p

cotus.png
In production now
1AF27A6B-9920-4E47-90C4-F99D4D4224B4.jpeg

MagneRide??

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Your math is off, 8/22 to 11/7 is over 10 weeks. It does seem to indicate that the shortage of magnaride parts could be a thing of the past.
Ha you're right. Not sure which calendar I was counting weeks on. But apparently I missed a couple weeks. Still a quick turn around. I ordered on 6/22 and my EDD is Oct 25th.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
OK, then I guess I misinterpreted the following info from the Ford Performance Vehicle Tracking Web page (http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html):

"...
1. UNSCHEDULED MATERIAL HOLD

· The vehicle order has been uploaded into the system by the dealer.

2. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN

· The manufacturing plant has uploaded the order information from the dealer into their database.

· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized. (Raptors taking longer).
.."

Since there is "Unscheduled Material Hold" and "Unscheduled Clean", I interpreted "Clean" to be other than "Material Hold".

My...bad???...

I'm not clear on what "the option selection is acceptable" means. Is it possible for a dealer to enter an order with a combination of options that Ford doesn't offer? I would hope that their order entry software would not allow such an order to be entered...

Has anybody tried to get a clearer definition of the "Unscheduled Material Hold" and "Unscheduled Clean" from a Ford Performance chat or telephone call (or are you (ia2004anderson) a Ford employee/dealer)? No disrespect intended, and I'm not trying to challenge your answer; just trying to find out how official your info is (because I'm still pretty confused about statuses).
See below for a copy and paste form another thread. Material hold is used when an order is placed for a vehicle that is not available to be built. You can have an Unscheduled Clean order that is waiting on Commodities (Parts or materials as you call them) The below is from someone else but is the same info I have gotten from my dealer and also ford chat.

Now that we've got orders in the bank they have to be Scheduled, oh getting ahead of my self, I better list some terms that apply to order status. These are on the dealer printouts so if you see these you'll know what they mean.

Matl HOLD - unit can't schedule something is not available. for example, my Harley F-250 is in this status as production doesn't start until 11/3/03

unschd/clean- unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and commodities allow.

Submitted to plant- Unit assigned a VIN and assy plant, plant is assigning build date.

Scheduled- has a build date and a vin

Locked in- Changes can no longer be made to this order, unit is either close to being built, or at the end of the year they lock in orders early so they don't have left over parts between model years.

Bucked- Unit is close to production, it’s my understanding that this mean the frame is on a Buck that’s used to roll it down the line.

Produced- Unit is built

Rel from plant- Unit is built and through inspection, available to ship. May also say Rel to Rail, or rel to convoy depending on location

ttgxx7837934- or some weird number like this means it’s on a rail car and that’s the number.

Arrived at ramp XX- has arrived at the rail head and been unloaded, the XX is a usually a number and letter. Mine go to 6P (Kansas City) or 4T (Joliet, IL)

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2019 GT Premium
On the current $1,000 incentive on 2019s, does anyone have any firsthand experience with what "may require Ford Credit Financing" actually means? Just curious what the criteria is. Thanks!
I got the $1000 incentive even though I didn't end up financing through Ford. I was curious about the same thing, but they were able to get me a better rate with a credit union.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My window sticker was now available later in the day when "in production" status started, but it might be that car is not being made yet and will still be on week of 10/4? Maybe update is just for the window sticker portion?

Barret72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Silly question, I just got back from my Dealer and he stated the information has changed from "Unscheduled / Clean" to "In order / unscheduled". He checked this on Monday. I am wondering if this means the order will be picked up Thursday when all other orders are normally picked up and I could expect a Vin and an EDD soonish. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored