PP2 real life pictures

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Spent Friday and Saturday racing with ProAutoSports at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, Az. Track can be configured in many different ways, Friday it was 2.75 miles with 19 turns Saturday was 2.55 miles with 15 turns. Configurations 5 and 4 respectively if you want to google the track. This track is in the middle of nowhere (desert), but it is a damn good one, elevation changes, blind corners, a little of everything.

The PP2 was great, sessions were 20 minutes long and I had no over heating issues or even close to it (outside temp was in the 90's). I did install BG oil in diff and tranny before I went, I am assuming this helped some. I drove the car to and from track, which is about 200 miles each way from my home, put the Cup 2's on at the track. Again, car was great, flat in the corners, excellent grip, great speed down the straight away, all around very solid. Got some good GoPro footage, will try to post later.

Very happy with this car, not a great comparison but far superior to my 2017 GT PP1. So glad I upgraded.

Off to AMP (Arizona Motorsports Park) in October to race with NASA.

Happy motoring everyone!
IMG_1836.jpg

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
All you 18' PP2 owners. Have you noticed any issues with your MT82? My 1st to 2nd shifts are starting to get worst. At first I thought it was just me not getting the clutch all the way to the floor during periods of hard acceleration, but now I'm not sure. First noticed it on the drag strip, missing 1-2 shifts figuring I was experiencing lockout and now today, 2nd gear just keeps popping out making 2nd unusable. Every other gear is nice and shifts smooth. Going to take her in tomorrow...sad with only 1800 miles on her.

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
All you 18' PP2 owners. Have you noticed any issues with your MT82? My 1st to 2nd shifts are starting to get worst. At first I thought it was just me not getting the clutch all the way to the floor during periods of hard acceleration, but now I'm not sure. First noticed it on the drag strip, missing 1-2 shifts figuring I was experiencing lockout and now today, 2nd gear just keeps popping out making 2nd unusable. Every other gear is nice and shifts smooth. Going to take her in tomorrow...sad with only 1800 miles on her.
Mine is shifting fine however I only have 723mi on mine so far

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
No problems with the MT82 or clutch at 2,300 miles. In fact, starting to really get used to the clutch. I've never installed the clutch spring I bought, and may not at this point. I've never missed a shift so far and it's never jumped out of gear. I do get the engagement grind occasionally on easier shifts, but stabbing it hard and dumping the clutch at 7K has been flawless. Barks those big ass 305's even in 3rd. Mine was a May build. When was your's built? Could you have the bad shift forks?

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
No issues here at about 2,300 mi. I hardly ever put the third pedal to the floor when shifting, and that one-two sure is fun with TC off 8)

Conga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
All good here though only at 1000 miles. Mine was a late May build.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Dealer got a hold of me this morning. Car needs a new shift fork and synchronizer for second gear. They have parts ordered and should have the car back next week. My question now is, Is there anything I should be concerned with? Anything I should have the dealer install while they have the tranny down and open? Seems odd that something like this would happen after 1800 miles. I mean I am not that hard on her!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well, Dealer got a hold of me this morning. Car needs a new shift fork and synchronizer for second gear. They have parts ordered and should have the car back next week. My question now is, Is there anything I should be concerned with? Anything I should have the dealer install while they have the tranny down and open? Seems odd that something like this would happen after 1800 miles. I mean I am not that hard on her!
You should be fine. It was reported that there was a bad casting batch of shift forks that effected early builds. What was your build date? Though, with the exception of a few, I thought most PP2's were late builds.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You should be fine. It was reported that there was a bad casting batch of shift forks that effected early builds. What was your build date? Though, with the exception of a few, I thought most PP2's were late builds.
Mine was a very early build this year. If I recall, my build date was 3/20 and delivery was 4/20. I ordered early December 2017

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I have a Nov 2017 early build PP2, one of the 3 that I think were out there before they went into production. No issues with my forks, I'm only at 3.3k miles, but that's daily driving it since I got it in January this year. While not high in mileage, I have a ton of shifting to and from work on days where i don't catch all green lights.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
What is your build date ?

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had to touch up their wheels yet? I got an extremely minor curb rash, but I'm guessing my fellow pp2 owners can relate to the sick feeling in my gut every time I glance at it. I'm trying to figure out what touch up paint matched the "dark tarnish" silver, dealer has been no help.