Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
I hear you. Im getting the front tires too. But just waiting till next pay day. Money has been tight
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Some people like to run DOT drag radials on the rear to hook better. Don't think I'd want to run them on the front too.
Ya but he is looking for street tires and clearly is not looking for drag radials. My point is valid.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Hmm. Not really sure. I live in Texas where it's mostly hot all year round. So I guess I should go with summer tires? Not really sure. What would you recommend ?
Summer tires tend to wear more quickly. My first set after the OEM Pirelli were the Continental Extreme Contact all seasons. Zero complaints. I'll never say they're better than a summer tire but I can't tell any difference during hard acceleration and all, and I actually feel safe driving on them in the winter. I could break the pirelli's loose into a full burnout at 40mph if it was under 45 degrees out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd strongly consider the Firestone Indy 500 or Conti ExtremeContact Sport for summer tires that will wear well and grip well, rain or shine. I also am pretty happy with the Bridgestone RE760s that are my daily summer tires (I have RE71Rs on separate wheels for track/autocross). The Michelin options are obviously fantastic also, but the performance gains are often not worth the price differential for many.

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
Thanks for your feedback. Yea i decided to go with the indy 500s. I hear great stuff and tire tread looks cool
Sponsored