Sponsored

Is it possible to add Color Changing Ambient "package" to the 350?

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Going from a 16 GT to a 17 GT350, the lights were the first thing I noticed - in addition to the lack of backup sensors. Then I started the engine and... what was I talking about again?
I though backup sensors was standard no matter what configuration.
Sponsored

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
I wonder how much the painted stripes will be. They were quite an expensive option on the Viper, I believe.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I like the fact that less is more

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wonder how much the painted stripes will be. They were quite an expensive option on the Viper, I believe.
Having stripes done week after next. probably could have found a bit cheaper but its a very high end shop that I'm familiar with the work (and life-time warranty). They're doing them for $1400 with me removing the front bumper cover, which I requested to do myself. Since they specialize in luxury car repairs, I figured they hadn't removed an S550 bumper cover so might either quote high for that part and/or might break a tab or something. Basically me being WAY to overcautious. Plus I want to learn what's involved for future mod DIY removals - don't want to learn on my striped bumper. They are reinstalling it though since can't be surprises there. I have no idea the price difference if they removed the bumper.

That price includes any but 3 (or higher) stage stripe paint and involves sanding the clear on the striped panels, painting the stripes and then laying down clear on those panels. Stripes on front bumper, hood, roof, trunk (including under spoiler), CDC outlaw spoiler and rear bumper. Type of stripe didn't matter, 2 stripes of any width, super snake, etc. They are also painting and installing the spoiler body color (OW) for $150.

While off, I'm having them repaint the front bumper cover. Mine has mismatched paint from the factory (more than the normal mismatch). Ford would repaint it with arm twisting but I've seen my dealer's paint work plus don't feel like paying for stripes over the current mismatched bumper OR potentially future problematic dealer paint.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds reasonable for the amount of work involved. Should look great. It may end up being cheaper than the factory option. IIRC, the Viper racing stripes were about $3k to $5k depending on the generation/year.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sounds reasonable for the amount of work involved. Should look great. It may end up being cheaper than the factory option. IIRC, the Viper racing stripes were about $3k to $5k depending on the generation/year.
I'm trying to think of doing a little stenciling in the stripes but don't want anything that would hurt the value like my initials.

Any suggestions?

Also, I forgot to post but after they gave me the quote, I asked about painting the mirror caps the same as the stripes and they said they'd do that at no extra charge if I removed and reinstalled.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, no stenciling suggestions at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind. I do like the GT350's stripes which feature white pinstripes along its main black stripes (plus other available combinations). Maybe adding pinstripes is something to consider. If you don't like a high contrasting color combination such as the GT350's white on black, a more subtle combination could be cool, as well. For example, silver or grey main stripes with black pinstripes, the reverse, or some combination of the like. These colors would look sharp/classy on a white GT and be more unique than solid stripes. Plus, I don't think it would affect resale much at all vs. solid stripes, however, words certainly may (unless it's something simple like "Mustang GT", which could very easily be mistaken for a factory application). Painted mirror caps in a complimentary color should look great, too.

Sponsored

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just traded in my '15 GT Premium yesterday for an '18 GT350. First thing I tried to do was to change the gauge color, and to my horror I discovered that not only was this feature absent, but the interior lighting was also missing. Disappointed that MSRP was $18K more than my GT Premium, but I lost some cool features.

And don't get me started on the missing horse that projects onto the ground when the doors open.

I expected the bling to be present...maybe even enhanced.
I'm also missing the 3-position memory seating, foglights, and the subwoofer my GT Premium had. I know I can purchase the Ford foglight kit from a certain Mustang retailer, and a ready-to-fit subwoofer from Crutchfield, but dang it...they should've come standard. And double-dang it, I want my gauges and cup holder glowing in blue light.

On the plus side for the GT350, I beat my best GT track time.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
The fog lights aren't there so more air can flow through the opening to the brakes. Saw an article where Ford said the 2019 will have the Cobra snake puddle lights and it will have the subwoofer stereo. So if you have the have the bling I suggest you get a 2019. Personally even at 73 years old the minute I fire that beast up and put the exhaust in sport mode I could care less about puddle lights, radio and fog lights.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
The OP may not have chosen the right car. The "missing bling" is stuff that has no place on a more track oriented version of the Mustang. Manufacturers have been building discontented, lightweight versions of their cars at a premium price for most of the history of automobiles. Heck, back in the 90's Porsche would remove your porer locks, power seats, for pockets/armrests and radio from your 911 for just 30K.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
To be honest, I just wish they left the harnesses at least for some of these features, so you could swap in and out if you wanted. I'm surprised at how little options these cars came with. Some of those additional electronics have negligible weight penalty on a 3700lbs car. I would have loved parking sensors and the ambient light pkg.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt the puddle lights. This car is geared more toward the performance angle than cosmetics. Theres no pony any where and the only place it says Ford is the middle of windshield banner and center caps on wheels, I like it!!
And a set of snake center caps gets rid of the only Ford on the car. Loving that separation factor. LOL
Sponsored