Sponsored

Auto Blip

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This doesn’t void any warranty.
Does this leave any “remnants similar to a new tune” left behind? Can Ford read the computer records and know it was there? I know you are not downloading anything but just curious if this leaves any record behind.
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Automatics/DCTs shift more consistently than a human being. Where do you draw the line? If you're going to be a hard core manual enthusiast, learn how to heel-toe.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Question for you. If you are say, coming to a red light and you stop, shift it into neutral but are holding the brake because you're on a small incline or something; will it try to blip as soon as you push the clutch to put the car back into first gear and take off? Or, another scenario is you're backing up and hit the clutch and brake at the same time, will it blip then? I know most of you guys are only using this on the track, but if someone wanted to use it for street use then I would think they would have similar concerns.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd imagine you could turn it off and is hope it would be smart enough to not activate in regular driving scenarios like that.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I'd imagine you could turn it off and is hope it would be smart enough to not activate in regular driving scenarios like that.
Well, this is more or less an wired in system that doesn't really "think for itself" like an ECU does, so i don't think this is a "smart" device at all. It relies on voltage changes to work like a switch and has a small chip board in it I assume. It's like comparing simple addition to full blown algebra. Yeah you can turn it off, but I was more or less looking to see how sensitive it is to those specific things.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well, this is more or less an wired in system that doesn't really "think for itself" like an ECU does, so i don't think this is a "smart" device at all. It relies on voltage changes to work like a switch and has a small chip board in it I assume. It's like comparing simple addition to full blown algebra. Yeah you can turn it off, but I was more or less looking to see how sensitive it is to those specific things.
Madlag's post shows a bunch of knobs. I assume you could turn it off.

I was referring to the factory programming in the 2019 that is controlled by the ECU and should be "smart" and hopefully able to be turned off like auto blip in GM cars.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Does this leave any “remnants similar to a new tune” left behind? Can Ford read the computer records and know it was there? I know you are not downloading anything but just curious if this leaves any record behind.
It does not. There is no “programming” involved. If hardwires in and the autoblip brain controls it.

Automatics/DCTs shift more consistently than a human being. Where do you draw the line? If you're going to be a hard core manual enthusiast, learn how to heel-toe.
I know how to heel/toe. As you point out this is more consistent. Think of it as wanting a manual with some advantages of an auto. There is a reason lap times improve with it lol

Question for you. If you are say, coming to a red light and you stop, shift it into neutral but are holding the brake because you're on a small incline or something; will it try to blip as soon as you push the clutch to put the car back into first gear and take off? Or, another scenario is you're backing up and hit the clutch and brake at the same time, will it blip then? I know most of you guys are only using this on the track, but if someone wanted to use it for street use then I would think they would have similar concerns.
No to both scenarios. It listens for: no throttle, brake, clutch and then a downshift before it will blip.

You can turn it off with one button at any time. Even in town it’s cool to here a small blip though lol.

you can turn it off at any time. Like I said it’s smart enough and listens for a particular event before it activates. See above.

it’s event based and you’d be surprised how well it works.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
[QUOTE="madlag, post: 2326763,

No to both scenarios. It listens for: no throttle, brake, clutch and then a downshift before it will blip.

it’s event based and you’d be surprised how well it works.[/QUOTE]

So if I understand what you're saying correctly, it will only blip when it detects a downshift and will not blip just because you're pressing the clutch and brake at the same time?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
[QUOTE="madlag, post: 2326763,

it’s event based and you’d be surprised how well it works.
So if I understand what you're saying correctly, it will only blip when it detects a downshift and will not blip just because you're pressing the clutch and brake at the same time?
Correct.
Sponsored