Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
How did the original holes line up with this spoiler, did you have to drill more?
Cali Special holes are different than any other, I had 2 extra holes that I had to cover on the sides and 2 right in the center, then had to drill two more holes a little off center for the middle holes required by the MMD. If you have the regular blade spoiler that comes from Ford then the holes should line up perfectly
Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a video or anything by any chance? I've been debating this spoiler for 3 months now, and I just can't commit... I'm terrified of drilling into my car and not liking the outcome.
I had a video of us drilling but it was on my instagram story so it's gone now. There is video on youtube of a couple guys doing it outside you can look up, it's one of the top hits when you search.

I debated for longer than 3 months haha, just do it. Pictures really don't do it justice it looks crazy good in person.

Do you have a spoiler currently? If you do and it isn't a cali special one the holes should line up

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Picked up these goods, cleaned up the pony in prep for this weekends big show. Sorry, no pix of the pony...

If your in NorCal come on by and support the cause! :thumbsup:
The Goods_Small.jpg
Award_Small.jpg
Gift Certificate_Small.jpg
Flyer_Small.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
New Ford PP front and rear swaybars will be here Monday, plus GT upper grille (so I can modify and install a Velossa Big Mouth), and the splash shields for the GT brake upgrade I already have on hand. All that for less than $170 shipped.

Power stop pads for front and rear sitting in the garage.

Need to get off my butt and get the GT front and rear calipers painted with the G2 paint kit I haven't even opened yet.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
mocked up where i want my air lift components installed. figure one less thing for the installer to ask/try to figure out. a layer of off-brand dynamat followed by a carpet that matches the trunk will also be installed for a nice clean look.
2017-12-07 14.38.30.jpg

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I had a video of us drilling but it was on my instagram story so it's gone now. There is video on youtube of a couple guys doing it outside you can look up, it's one of the top hits when you search.

I debated for longer than 3 months haha, just do it. Pictures really don't do it justice it looks crazy good in person.

Do you have a spoiler currently? If you do and it isn't a cali special one the holes should line up
I don't have a spoiler, so that's why I'm being so cautious with what I end up buying haha, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the V Series. I guess worse case scenario, I'll be stuck with a spoiler :shrug:

Did you use touch up paint or anything on the holes after drilling?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a spoiler, so that's why I'm being so cautious with what I end up buying haha, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the V Series. I guess worse case scenario, I'll be stuck with a spoiler :shrug:

Did you use touch up paint or anything on the holes after drilling?
I was going to, but then decided not to because it's aluminum, and I didn't want to wait for it to dry then adding the adhesion promoter right after that MMD supplies, just a bunch of chemicals mixing together haha. I say do it! You won't regret it, and if you change your mind in the future the holes you drill should work with other spoilers besides gt350r replicas

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
mocked up where i want my air lift components installed. figure one less thing for the installer to ask/try to figure out. a layer of off-brand dynamat followed by a carpet that matches the trunk will also be installed for a nice clean look.
Looks good and familiar. :D

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
Other than drive it as much as possible. My K&N High Flow air filter came in the mail...

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Bought my wife a new torque wrench for my car. :)
:thumbsup: Nice, "if only I had a couple more tools I could do this myself" usually works when her car needs fixing. As an added bonus you get the pull out your "look at all the money I saved" card and dust if off.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Bought my wife a new torque wrench for my car. :)
Good move. Some women aren't good at buying tools. A friend told me about when his wife wanted to surprise him and went to the store and asked for even number SAE sizes because she noticed he didn't have any. They were all odd numbers: 1/8, 3/16, 5/8, etc

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I was in the vicinity so I made a stop at Diode Dynamics HQ today for a look around and left with a little swag. Got a 4th brake light kit, interior lighting kit (got the cool white level 1) and switchback turn signal kit.
Same here only I got the tail light sequencer instead of the interior lighting kit,Black friday haul. mustang is in storage got a couple months to get all mine done before car show season.:)