Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...deList=CAYMAN&makeCodeList=POR&searchRadius=0

not sure what kind of search you do, but quick one in Autotrader shows that are on sale for mid $50k...
I'm guessing you're one of those that pay MSRP for cars? :shrug:
If you know how to haggle I'm sure you can get one for close to $50k
$60k isn't $50k, I don't think any of them mentioned Sport Chrono or Sport Chrono+, leather color, exterior color, etc. The vast majority of the cars in that link are not the Cayman S, like I posted a few up.

That's important when looking at used Porsches. There is such a huge variety of options available when the cars are new that it becomes more difficult to just say "Well they are both 2015 Cayman S"

There is a $4000 seat option for the Cayman, Sport Chrono is almost $3k, the Burmester stereo option is $4700!!

OP
OP

Ccase4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro 2SS, 2015 Sierra 1500
Update: IO drove a gt350 and a ss1le today. i decided to go with the 1le. Ill be picking up a pre-owned certified 2017 ss1le in nightfall grey with 5000 miles. i drove both cars and loved both however financially it was best for me to go with the Camaro. thank you all for the help in the process.

one day i will join the ford community you guys have been a huge help!

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Update: IO drove a gt350 and a ss1le today. i decided to go with the 1le. Ill be picking up a pre-owned certified 2017 ss1le in nightfall grey with 5000 miles. i drove both cars and loved both however financially it was best for me to go with the Camaro. thank you all for the help in the process.

1LE :first::cheers: :bolt:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I drove both the GT350 and the 1LE and to me the only fault with the Camaro is how heavy the steering was. It felt so off to me. If I had to choose, it would be the Camaro. I just liked it that much more. I did not test drive a 2018 Mustang, so I don't know. The GT350 is a great car though and I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove both the GT350 and the 1LE and to me the only fault with the Camaro is how heavy the steering was. It felt so off to me. If I had to choose, it would be the Camaro. I just liked it that much more. I did not test drive a 2018 Mustang, so I don't know. The GT350 is a great car though and I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.
You can adjust the steering weight for a lighter feel apart from the drive mode.
My steering setting always stays in touring mode (which is the lightest) with my drive mode set to Track most the time.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
You can adjust the steering weight for a lighter feel apart from the drive mode.
My steering setting always stays in touring mode (which is the lightest) with my drive mode set to Track most the time.
The lightest mode was still much heavier than the GT350.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lightest mode was still much heavier than the GT350.
Oh got you.
The lightest mode feels just right to me but that is subjective of course.
Never drove the 350 but the lightest stang gt steering was definitely lighter than the lightest camaro steering.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT

Excellent choice - do the flex fuel conversion for an easy 50 hp when you run E85

And screw the naysayers-

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Used but nearly brand new car! Sounds like a good financial choice. I really love my GT350 but I realize it would have been a lot smarter of me dollar wise to stick with a GT or SS.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
$60k isn't $50k, I don't think any of them mentioned Sport Chrono or Sport Chrono+, leather color, exterior color, etc. The vast majority of the cars in that link are not the Cayman S, like I posted a few up.

That's important when looking at used Porsches. There is such a huge variety of options available when the cars are new that it becomes more difficult to just say "Well they are both 2015 Cayman S"

There is a $4000 seat option for the Cayman, Sport Chrono is almost $3k, the Burmester stereo option is $4700!!
That's always the case with buying used cars isn't? You don't get to pick and choose the options.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Also whatever i get has to be able to spank my buddy's M2 around the track lol.
If I were young and had the money, the GT350 would be impossible to beat. Would buy it and keep it as long as possible. But I would also feel guilty daily-driving it for too long...

For me, either Mustang is way ahead of the Camaro all performance things being approximately equal, Mustang is just far more practical in that you can potentially use the back seat and the trunk is way more spacious, not sure what GM was thinking about making a lunchbox size trunk.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
IF you're keeping it and driving it a lot... a GT PP2 or SS1LE.

IF you want more of a garage queen rarely driven that's going to hold its value more... get a GT350.

I'd like a GT PP2 with Auto, but it only comes manual. >:(

The GT PP1 with Auto is what I'd lean towards if I was going to get a new car right now, then I'd have to upgrade the wheels to aftermarket or maybe some PP2 take offs one day.
Sponsored