Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do the fuel lines in these cars need to be replaced because they are to small? Or for the 1000hp club the lines are ok?

They are good to a certain point, if you want 1000hp you will need a return style fuel system along with built motor etc.
Sponsored

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
never been boosted aside from my daily driver tdi jetta. how does tuning work on a setup like this? I am currently tuned through livernois who said that I would have to send the car to them to tune. I'm in washington state and they are in dearborn. I could go with their supercharger but I would rather go turbo.
Remote tune via email. Most tuners should offer that.

Wyldeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 OW Premium
Any forum members ordered this kit?
Travis mentioned built/sleeved/billet, built heads, custom turbo cams, built trany, etc, etc. shooting for all the HP twin 67's will produce. Not a dyno queen, but will probably break a lot of hearts. Getting 8.50cert cage in 4 weeks from Tin Soldier Race Cars. Will test as much as possible & then debut at NMRA finals in BG, will be at Beefcakes booth. Build should start Monday. Will start a new thread with plenty of pics.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Travis mentioned built/sleeved/billet, built heads, custom turbo cams, built trany, etc, etc. shooting for all the HP twin 67's will produce. Not a dyno queen, but will probably break a lot of hearts. Getting 8.50cert cage in 4 weeks from Tin Soldier Race Cars. Will test as much as possible & then debut at NMRA finals in BG, will be at Beefcakes booth. Build should start Monday. Will start a new thread with plenty of pics.
Can't wait to see what this car does! Thanks for choosing us for your FI needs!

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
What intercooler on the entry level kits? 4 inch? It looks bigger and better than the old foxbody cores. Nicely done.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's a 3.5" core. Airflow sucks in the front of these cars, but we make the best of it. On high boost applications, I like to either upgrade to the bigger 6" thick core, or throw some water/alky injection into the mix for more consistent IAT's.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Up to 62mm. Both Precision and Comp are good for 1200whp. 67 is a bit more. Comp just needs a few shots of grease every oil change. Takes 2 seconds and it's easy to get to. At 50-60k they should come off for inspection and new seals. Precision requires no maintenance, but you will have a scavenge pump. Those usually need replacing every few years.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Up to 62mm. Both Precision and Comp are good for 1200whp. 67 is a bit more. Comp just needs a few shots of grease every oil change. Takes 2 seconds and it's easy to get to. At 50-60k they should come off for inspection and new seals. Precision requires no maintenance, but you will have a scavenge pump. Those usually need replacing every few years.
That's some good info since I havent heard much about the comp turbos longevity and I'm kinda scared of them failing. Sounds like pretty low maintence if all you need to do is grease the bearings every few thousand miles

Status
Not open for further replies.