Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I hear a lot of people with chips on their shoulder. Do people really try to pass you more, or does it bother you more when they do? Maybe a little of both?
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I hear a lot of people with chips on their shoulder. Do people really try to pass you more, or does it bother you more when they do? Maybe a little of both?
I think you have a point there. Not just passing, but driving in general. Today a guy in an old Pontiac Grand Prix started to run up my ass a bit. I popped it a bit, pulled away and let him catch me again. He rode my ass again and I pulled away again. He was a bit of a dick for riding my ass, but so was I for playing with him.

I am not a dick driver as a rule, but sometimes we all can be. :headbonk:

StephanPooter83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401A GT PP Lightning blue silver stripe
Most people who drive mustangs drive like a-holes. This is fact. Look at our insurance rates - it's in the absolute worst category for cars prone to accidents. These accidents aren't due to a flaw with this model car, but a flaw with the typical driver of said car.

I witness another Mustang do something stupid on a daily basis. From just revving their engine and obnoxious exhaust for no reason at stop lights, to cutting people off, etc.

Maybe you drive perfect and people just assume you are like the majority of other Mustang owners? Or maybe you drive like an a-hole too and just don't realize it? No one ever thinks they are wrong.
I can certainly see that. I wonder if the fact a used one is pretty cheap allowing more young buyers access to this vehicle.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I learned that many BMW drivers are triggered at the site of a Mustang. Some Audi drivers, too, rarely Benz drivers, though. I get tail-gated a LOT by the BMWs, they race up behind me. Don't worry, guy, I will move over when I can, sheesh. :rolleyes:

Many, many times I happen to approach a Bimmer just cruising along (I would happen to be in a passing lane minding my own business, my cruise control might take me only a few mph faster)...but once I pass, well, they decide they will have none of that! First chance they get they absolutely MUST pass me, sometimes going way out of their way to do so even when it appears to be an inconvenience for them, like when their exit quickly approaches. :headbonk: If it makes you feel better...:shrug:

It has become a habit to become curious about their next move once one spots me near them. Cracks me up every time because the behavior is so predictable :lol: Dude, I am just trying to get to work...I really couldn't care less about you "getting ahead" of me :crazy:

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
A lot of what frustrates me though is exactly what you mentioned in your previous post. Lack of attention. People miss their exit or are about to and make it your problem so they can avoid their problem. For most part Tx interstates are easy to get on and off. There's no reason to come screaming over from far left lane to make your exit at last second on a 5 lane intestate. Just go one freaking mile up and flip a u turn. But god forbid they get inconvenienced, so they cut you off.
I saw a dumbass come to a complete stop in right lane of a 4 lane divided hwy so she could make the left turn at the little cut through. This is a 60 mph Hwy and she was STOPPED. Easily could've gone up another 1/4 mile and turned around. There's those little cut throughs in the median every quarter mile on that road.

Or 18 wheelers who cut you off to pass another 18 wheeler and will go .1 mph faster than the big rig being passed. And both are going under speed limit.

I could go on and on. It's unreal how bad drivers are.

I too though have noticed people seem to drive more aggressive around me since buying my mustang. Drive faster, ride my ass more, try to box me in. Wanna race me from stop lights. Especially if it's someone who I just passed by in the left lane. That seems to be the big one.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I learned that many BMW drivers are triggered at the site of a Mustang. Some Audi drivers, too, rarely Benz drivers, though. I get tail-gated a LOT by the BMWs, they race up behind me. Don't worry, guy, I will move over when I can, sheesh. :rolleyes:

Many, many times I happen to approach a Bimmer just cruising along (I would happen to be in a passing lane minding my own business, my cruise control might take me only a few mph faster)...but once I pass, well, they decide they will have none of that! First chance they get they absolutely MUST pass me, sometimes going way out of their way to do so even when it appears to be an inconvenience for them, like when their exit quickly approaches. :headbonk: If it makes you feel better...:shrug:

It has become a habit to become curious about their next move once one spots me near them. Cracks me up every time because the behavior is so predictable :lol: Dude, I am just trying to get to work...I really couldn't care less about you "getting ahead" of me :crazy:
I see people do this all the time also...when driving a Honda. People space out, don't set cruise control and troll along at 67mph, then suddenly when someone passes them going 72 they wake up and decide to go 75. This happens regardless of the model car being driven.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
So you're saying it's all in our mind. Mmkay...

Mine is not from people passing me, as i couldn't care less. It's about riding up my ass in an aggressive manner, racing to get around me just to cut me off, and all kinds of stupid shit in general. Stuff i NEVER experience in my F150 or H3 - and my driving habits are the same. It's because of the car...period. No chip here, brother.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
The only thing I have noticed is when I occasionally go WOT I will look behind me and everyone seems like they just stoped. I am guessing that they don't like how loud she is :headbang:

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP

Look at it this way. if the bastards are in front of you they can't run into the back of you.

Sponsored

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
Surprisingly never had in issue in Chicago, but I am also probably oblivious to it all. Every now and then a car (usually a crappy one) will peel out next to me. I'm now in Colorado now and have noticed a bit more but also there are more coupes down here, particularly Challengers.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Look at it this way. if the bastards are in front of you they can't run into the back of you.
No but they can slam their brakes and give you a real bad day. All you can do is leave plenty of space in front and hope you're prepared if it goes south.

-Emt158

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White

LOL Just triggered an Audi S5 driver while driving home. Dude came up, supercharger screaming (3.0T model) just to get 1 car length ahead of me. Not only that, he was purposely, or so it seems, driving into where water collects on the road and sprayed the hell out of me.

I wasn't even trying to keep up or anything because I'm not blessed with AWD and was trying to be careful but this guy went out of his way to swerve into deeper water to do that. I gotta admit, inner me would have dropped a gear and disappeared if it was dry, so thank you rain for keeping me at bay.

CHUCKinFLL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
South Florida drivers are just horrible in the first place, but since getting the Mustang I have noticed people being more aggressive around me. The main thing is revving their engines at stop lights - everything from the kids in their Focus & slammed Hondas to Camaros & Challengers; something I never saw in my Ram. Going to work the other day on the highway I went to go left to pass a Honda Pilot - I see him looking at me in the mirror when he cuts me off pulling over in front of me AND slowing down and then proceeds to flip me off - with his wife & 8-10 yr old daughter with him (great example for the daughter).

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I just wish these people would figure out what lane they want to drive in and stay in it ..
Sponsored