Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
What's difficult for me to understand is that PMAS said in their thread that the stock tune already could handle giving the car more fuel/timing but without the calibrated MAF it wouldn't due to the reading....However with their CAI/calibrated MAF/it would allow the car to read and increase fuel/timing/power....Now someones saying you can't just use a calibrated MAF without their CAI, but someone else who sells the same CAI/ MAF also sells just the MAF :shrug:

The only thing that is confusing is someone selling the reprogrammed MAF without the CAI.

Stock MAF untuned in a PMAS CAI will under report the amount of air going the engine. This would be the same as running a JLT untuned, you should not do this.

Calibrated MAF in the PMAS CAI gives the car an accurate reading of more air flow. This lets the cars stock tune audjust for more power.

Putting a calibrated MAF for a larger size tube in the factory or another brand CAI with a different tube size will report more air flowing to the engine than is really getting there. This might dump in more fuel but will just lead to it running rich then adjusting it back out.

The only good reason to sell the calibrated MAF seperatly is to convert that manufacturers "tune required" kit into the "no tune" kit.
Sponsored

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This thread was made to speak about this particular intake and I'm not seeing much information on this.

The video seems to show promise on the gains
I'm ordering this intake today unless someone says otherwise and shows proof

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
This thread was made to speak about this particular intake and I'm not seeing much information on this.

The video seems to show promise on the gains
I'm ordering this intake today unless someone says otherwise and shows proof
Dude by the PMAS intake and save your money!

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Dude by the PMAS intake and save your money!
Yeah, go with the genuine PMAS which has been backed up by several members on this forum as well as myself (all independent testing). If you already have a tune on the car, save your money and go with the Tune Required kit. If you still have the stock tune and have no plans to tune the car, No Tune version is the way to go.

No Tune version (comes with calibrated MAF sensor)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pm...ocity-air-intake-system-no-tune-required.html

Tune Required version (uses stock MAF sensor)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pm...velocity-air-intake-system-tune-required.html

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Not to suggest the PMAS intake isn't impressive, but so far all we have is data provided by the manufacturer. Manufacturers always skew their results to maximize sales--every manufacturer on this site does it, some doing it more than others. I'd chill until more people come forward with independently verified data to support PMAS' claim that the unit provides "20hp and 15trq". Just a suggestion, I wouldn't base my decision just on what a manufacturer says--I'd wait for people to provide some real world results and data before you buy. My $.02
What i really dont understand about the PMAS "Cold Air" intake is that it does not include a snorkel routing to the factory cold air duct. It just as a big hole in the front of the intake shroud. That would be sucking in hot air from under the hood, would it not??

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
I actually HAVE the Granatelli kit and got it dyno'd before tuning and after tuning.

Butt dyno untuned definitely felt better right out the gate, along with a nice intake whistle.

The kit does not come with a snorkel, but I picked a GT350 one up online for 30 bucks or so. If you go that route, you will need to cut the CAI box/shield a little bit more.

The first is after install but before tuning. The other file is post-tune (on a different dyno, though :frusty: )
RET Dyno.jpg
dynorunShare_0.PNG

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
What i really dont understand about the PMAS "Cold Air" intake is that it does not include a snorkel routing to the factory cold air duct. It just as a big hole in the front of the intake shroud. That would be sucking in hot air from under the hood, would it not??
According to PMAS, they said that the stock snorkel does not flow enough air for the their intake and it actually acts as a restriction. That is why they don't use it. They claim more air, even though it is warmer, is what provides the largest HP increase. :shrug:

Some guys have adapted the GT350 snorkel to fit with good results since it is larger.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
According to PMAS, they said that the stock snorkel does not flow enough air for the their intake and it actually acts as a restriction. That is why they don't use it. They claim more air, even though it is warmer, is what provides the largest HP increase. :shrug:

Some guys have adapted the GT350 snorkel to fit with good results since it is larger.
That's interesting and i guess i could see that. More air vs cool air...which is better. Interesting argument.

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
That's interesting and i guess i could see that. More air vs cool air...which is better. Interesting argument.
I installed the 350 snorkel after driving without a snorkel for a long, long time on the CAI. The snorkel definitely helps IATs, and I did not see any loss in airflow per my Ngauge (cubic feet/minute).

One note though--it helps to open up all the grille hex flats with the larger snorkel.
Sponsored