2016 Mustang GT
lol more of the same BS scripted replies smh
Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
People were talking about how many days there are until Christmas break. Truth is employees at Ford, GM and Chrysler get so much vacation that no one works in December. If it ever happens, it won't be until 17.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
People were talking about how many days there are until Christmas break. Truth is employees at Ford, GM and Chrysler get so much vacation that no one works in December. If it ever happens, it won't be until 17.
I work in Automotive. I work in Data.

If you have an issue with technical information in December.. good luck. My guys are gone. I'll be gone for 11 days. Most everyone is gone this time of year in data/programming/technical departments :headbonk:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Holy crap! I work 60 hours a week minimum, and I only get 10 days off a year. I need to start working for the government, or an auto company I guess.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap! I work 60 hours a week minimum, and I only get 10 days off a year. I need to start working for the government, or an auto company I guess.
I heard if you work for ford sync you get 360 days off the year and the remaining 5 days you get to say "by the end of the year" for anything anyone asks

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
If Dana Ford is your dealership, see Frank Curry - he's organizing a contact list for when the retrofit is available for 2016 models

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
There are a lot of non-government and non-auto industry jobs where one can work a 'normal' 40 hour work week.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
There are a lot of non-government and non-auto industry jobs where one can work a 'normal' 40 hour work week.
Yeah, but not while making any $$$. Unless you are an executive, or own the company. It's not necessarily the hours, but the amount of vacation time some of these jobs get.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Yeah, but not while making any $$$. Unless you are an executive, or own the company. It's not necessarily the hours, but the amount of vacation time some of these jobs get.
Also depends on where you live and cost of living in that area.
I for an example live in Texas. i work as a Manager for Tier 3 Systems Engineering at a company called VMware, its not a government job but i also cant complain. But i got lucky, this company is known for allowing employees to have a life... I do work my a$$ off with hours, but the company policy state "Zero Vacation days"... meaning, you get absolutely Zero vacation days. You can take a vacation any time you want for as log as you want, only thing u need to do is clear it with your boss... which is never an issue, even when before i became a manager it was never an issue... Now that i became a manager its never an issue with my employees as well... I let them take 3 weeks, even 4 weeks vacation with no problems... even multiple vacations throughout the year... my team rocks and never failed with responsibilities so i seriously dont care how many "days" they took off...

Where do you work if i may ask?
i know we're off topic here but since this thread became a support group for ford victims, we might as well get to know each other ... now everybody please stand up clap and say "We love you M.a.S.e - Stay strong".

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I make decent enough money (in my first year still) to buy my car, live in one of the nicer complexes here, and have two weeks vacation.

Luckily my company is full of car people who enjoy fishing, racing, hunting, family etc. They make it a point to force you to use your vacation time. We also have an abnormal amount of paid holidays. It's a very pro-family and pro-home environment here. I left 80k a year but little holidays and vacation time to come work here for less money but better benefits.

Also I went from service/sales to straight up support staff and data management. My stress level is wayyyy lower than it was too.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
I left 80k a year but little holidays and vacation time to come work here for less money but better benefits.

Also I went from service/sales to straight up support staff and data management. My stress level is wayyyy lower than it was too.
Completely agree.... Especially if you have a family to take care of.
Sponsored