Sponsored

Fall / Winter Tires for R Model

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Howdy, just passing along the info that Tire Rack has some sets left of the Continental CONTIFORCE CONTACT at Blow out pricing. I just picked up a set 305/30/19"s for $823.00 **total** shipped to my door. I am using these with the R replica wheels for cooler winter temps and potentially rainy/wet applications . .

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...CFCXLOLD&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

The tires are from 2012 but I spoke in length with Tire Rack about their storage procedure and they alerted me the tires have a 6 year warranty from date of installation.

Just passing the word on, don't shoot the messenger OK? :paddle:
Why would you use those tires in cooler temperatures? You're gonna have a ton of traction problems in snow. Go with these instead:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter+Sottozero+Serie+II&partnum=935VR9240SZ2N0OLD

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind, other people already brought this issue up.
Sponsored

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
No lie, I hear those will freeze in the NW weather, crack and fall completely off the rims. In other circumstances, the rubber compound mixed with wet road, high moisture content in the air will begin to absorb the H2O at a nano-level and destroy the integrity of the tire.

Howdy, just passing along the info that Tire Rack has some sets left of the Continental CONTIFORCE CONTACT at Blow out pricing. I just picked up a set 305/30/19"s for $823.00 **total** shipped to my door. I am using these with the R replica wheels for cooler winter temps and potentially rainy/wet applications . .

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...CFCXLOLD&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

The tires are from 2012 but I spoke in length with Tire Rack about their storage procedure and they alerted me the tires have a 6 year warranty from date of installation.

Just passing the word on, don't shoot the messenger OK? :paddle:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
In all fairness, the OP titled the thread as "Fall / Winter tires for R model"... which seems to imply that he is looking for, or found, a tire combo for the R that is compatible with colder temps.

I have been looking for the same and actually ordered the Contis, but quickly changed to the Hankooks as for what I've read of the Contis, they don't fair well in the 20-40*F temps we'll get here in SC in the late fall and early winter.

I am looking forward to enjoying my R year round.:cheers:

IMG_3473.jpg

OP
OP
Bosshog

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I'm looking for tires with wet/rain/dampness in mind vs. cold temps. Doesn't get too cold in the NW. If I wake up and it's 0 to 32 degrees I won't drive my R model. If it's in the low 40's up . . . probably not going to be scared to take a brisk run and get the car out. I don't drive hard on the street cause I'm an adult and save the fun, high speed driving for the track.

If I go to a car show and all of sudden a huge rain cloud comes out of nowhere and it starts to dump - the Conti's will do much better in the rain than the CUP 2's I would imagine and have read . . many have mentioned on various forums, reviews how good the Conti's are at NOT hydroplaning.

Check out the ratings on Continental's site in regards to wet traction: http://www.continentaltire.com/product/contiforcecontact-22540zr18-0

Yea, it's their own site - but at least they are honest when it comes to wear. . but at $800 - who knows, come CF and CUP2 season install maybe I'll just roast these "cheap ass" tires to make the masses happy.

Of course I'll post it on YouTube for all to watch - oh - and more importantly comment on!
Sponsored