Problems with Steeda Tune

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT California Special Velocity Blue
OK I've been running a Steeda tune with Steeda CAI it was pretty good until I installed my types lingtubes. I then got a tune adjustment. With the new tune at around 2000 rpm going from a steady rpm to slight acceleration it major stumbles/stutters/ misses. Its not every time a full blown miss. So I catalog it send it in ...I get a reply that log is long can I give timestamp. Ok since I could not duplicate the miss no I can't.but it does feel like im dropping a lead weight even without the miss...after 4 days of this I'm aggravated...I put my restrictor in CAI and load stock tune ..car runs fine. Why can't they check log at 2k RPN steady to acceleration and check what's up???...I'm now debating a VMP tune about had it with Steeda slow response seems every time I've had a prob don't expect anything done through email unless you call them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mailorder, get a dyno tune from a reputable tuner in your area...you will be amazed!

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Absolutely nothing wrong with an email tune that has been checked and adjusted through datalogs, anyone that blanketly says a dyno tune is better just don't understand the technology.

Op, I'm don't know who is doing the tuning over at Steeda these days. Gus use to tune for them but I understand he is no longer with the company.

Do yourself a favor and contact Lund, you will be extremely happy with not only the performance but also drivability.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Do yourself a favor and contact Lund, you will be extremely happy with not only the performance but also drivability.
Aye, go Lund and be done with it. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ever heard of corrupted files during a transfer, why would i ever take a chance on that. dyno tune is the best way to go hands down! There are plenty of good shops in his area!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Ever heard of corrupted files during a transfer, why would i ever take a chance on that. dyno tune is the best way to go hands down! There are plenty of good shops in his area!
:lol: what?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
David has been pretty busy these days. Hasn't replied on my thread about springs or last email sent.. :(

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
David has been pretty busy these days. Hasn't replied on my thread about springs or last email sent.. :(
Busy today trying to make sales on oil separators:crazy:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
That's true, look at all the horror stories about that.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OK I've been running a Steeda tune with Steeda CAI it was pretty good until I installed my types lingtubes. I then got a tune adjustment. With the new tune at around 2000 rpm going from a steady rpm to slight acceleration it major stumbles/stutters/ misses. Its not every time a full blown miss. So I catalog it send it in ...I get a reply that log is long can I give timestamp. Ok since I could not duplicate the miss no I can't.but it does feel like im dropping a lead weight even without the miss...after 4 days of this I'm aggravated...I put my restrictor in CAI and load stock tune ..car runs fine. Why can't they check log at 2k RPN steady to acceleration and check what's up???...I'm now debating a VMP tune about had it with Steeda slow response seems every time I've had a prob don't expect anything done through email unless you call them.
If you're having an issue with your tune, and our tuner is asking for a datalog, it's helpful to provide a timestamp or reference point rather than just sending one big datalog. We send out a good amount of tunes, so I'm confident we can get you squared away with a revision.

Hope they got you taken care of, this post has been here all day without a response. When your looking to buy something they are all over it! Good Luck :shrug:
Care to elaborate on the passive aggressive post? I work very hard to keep our customers happy and if I don't respond to a thread that was started this morning without anyone tagging me in it, how's that on me?

Yes, I have been extremely busy.

Busy today trying to make sales on oil separators:crazy:
Um, what? Because one of my earlier posts was commenting on an oil separator installation thread?

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP
OP
steelgator01

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT California Special Velocity Blue
I provided a second datalog directing them to the spot the event happened last night ...still haven't heard anything all day. Not on you David. I know they are busy but it would be nice to know they have what they need or need more. I am happily driving around on the stock tune with the restricter plate on . No Miss ,no hestitation...so I'm pretty sure it is the tune. I was happy with the steeda tune till I got the revision for the headers.

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
[QUOTE=David@Steeda;

Care to elaborate on the passive aggressive post? I work very hard to keep our customers happy and if I don't respond to a thread that was started this morning without anyone tagging me in it, how's that on me?

:gossip:The post :lol::lol::lol:
Problems with Steeda Tune...But you did see the post Steeda black billet oil separator install:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Some of these responses, good lord.

Pick up the phone and call David to get something resolved instead of posting in the forum and not even tagging him. His contact info is in his signature. He posts just about everyday, M-F here unless he is out of the office.

I have sent so many folks over to David to answer their questions, either before or after they have ordered. He always makes time to answer their questions. If he can't, he either gets the answer or connects them with an engineer, etc. who can.
Sponsored