Sponsored

HOW TO: Add MyFord Touch/Sync 3 to base model S550

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
What type of prices are you thinking with the harness?
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
What type of prices are you thinking with the harness?
I am working on the price.. the unfortunate part is the connectors are expensive.. it may be 75-100$ not really trying to make money.. just selling as a way to help the conversion.. but the socket in low quantities lone cost $35 I have to do all the math.. I was just excited yesterday.. everything showed up and I wanted to go to work..

Daver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Conv Magnetic 51a
Here is a video of the harness. I know I am not the best with videos.. but I try.. ha ha..

I tried to embed.. I have done it before.. but for some reason this one won't..

Sorry
WOW, that is awesome work, very professional. You have created the perfect solution for guys like me who are not so comfortable with wiring. I cant wait to get my harness and components back to complete my install.

To others out there who have hesitated on making this conversion. I can tell you from first hand experience, OEM is a great guy to work with, I shipped him all my sync2 components for programming and he's sending these back along with the wiring kits so I have pretty much a plug & play "made in America" solution & worth every penny. Kudo's to him as well as the other MFT conversion pioneers on this forum.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
So my 2015 mustang sync2 kit is up for grabs. It includes the following

Nav enabled apim/screen
Mft Bezel with toggles
Premium acm
Sd reader/media hub for console

You will need a harness to go from the hub to the apim. I never got around to making one. I just drove around without nav.

$700+shipping

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

Nav enabled apim/screen
Mft Bezel with toggles
Premium acm

You will need a harness to go from the hub to the apim. I never got around to making one. I just drove around without nav.

$700+shipping
Thats an incredible deal.. the bezel alone.. Nice..!!

Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
WOW, that is awesome work, very professional. You have created the perfect solution for guys like me who are not so comfortable with wiring. I cant wait to get my harness and components back to complete my install.

To others out there who have hesitated on making this conversion. I can tell you from first hand experience, OEM is a great guy to work with, I shipped him all my sync2 components for programming and he's sending these back along with the wiring kits so I have pretty much a plug & play "made in America" solution & worth every penny. Kudo's to him as well as the other MFT conversion pioneers on this forum.

Thanks for the good words.. I try.. there have been many that have contributed..

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Thats an incredible deal.. the bezel alone.. Nice..!!
I got got good deals on all of my stuff so i figured i would pass on the savings.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1

Nav enabled apim/screen
Mft Bezel with toggles
Premium acm

$700+shipping
What's needed for the harness?. I would love this deal if it's not complicated. OEMradio do you have the harness he is talking about? Easy to install?

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The harness can be made or bought from ford parts..

To do the install you do need to relocate a few pins.. I designed my harness to make it plug and play basically.. But even without the harness it isn't too bad.. Several guys have done it with good luck..

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

I'll second that!

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
So is this wiring just for 2015's wanting to go to Sync 3?

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So is this wiring just for 2015's wanting to go to Sync 3?
No.. the harness I made is for guys that have the 4" base radio and want to upgrade to the 8" MFT or Sync 3..

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
No.. the harness I made is for guys that have the 4" base radio and want to upgrade to the 8" MFT or Sync 3..
So that applies to the '15 and 16 base radios correct? I still havent fully made up my mind if I am going base or premium but you will be my first contact if I go base:thumbsup:
Sponsored