Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Should have gone for a stick shift, less complicated, less issues more fun.

As Gordon Gecko would say: That’s a dog with different fleas... for 2018... :lol:
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
You are aware that there is a recall on the 2018 manual right? Breaking shift forks on stock power. And have you driven a 10 speed auto? I love my manual GT but when I drove a 10 speed GT I was blown away

Let what go? Im not turning everything into a man auto debate but it's obvious she wouldn't be having these issues if bought a manaul. Not sure where you're getting 60% from but over half are manual in UK

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Reguardless. Sh!t breaks on cars. Autos and manuals. I don’t think the 18 is the mechanical mess that the fear mongers on here. Or C6 nitwits would have you believe. It’s very unfortunate that the OP was having an issue. But I personally would have just got Ford to replace the car in kind. Before I settled for the dealer rip off whole sale offer.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
You are aware that there is a recall on the 2018 manual right? Breaking shift forks on stock power. And have you driven a 10 speed auto? I love my manual GT but when I drove a 10 speed GT I was blown away
When did it turn from a TSB to a recall?

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
It may still be a TSB. I have access to OASIS so I will check. I did see the list of parts and it's extensive.
When did it turn from a TSB to a recall?

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Ford gave me the middle finger on the buy back on my 2017 Focus RS. Luckily the dealer gave me what I owed on it when I got my GT.

Reguardless. Sh!t breaks on cars. Autos and manuals. I don’t think the 18 is the mechanical mess that the fear mongers on here. Or C6 nitwits would have you believe. It’s very unfortunate that the OP was having an issue. But I personally would have just got Ford to replace the car in kind. Before I settled for the dealer rip off whole sale offer.

OP
OP

jbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I tried to get the dealer to take care of it.

The dealer said there was nothing he could do if if either he couldn't replicate the problem or it was throwing codes.

Having the wheels lock up because your tranny misses a shift make your heart pound. Even more so when your going around a corner at 75-80(in Mexico). Almost always it would act up under "spirited" driving.

So I might have been able to work through the process to have it lemon law'd but There is a better chance my insurance company would have been paying out instead of the dealer. I'm pretty sure I would have either piled up into a guard rail or a tree on the side of the road.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

The dealer said there was nothing he could do if if either he couldn't replicate the problem or it was throwing codes.

Having the wheels lock up because your tranny misses a shift make your heart pound. Even more so when your going around a corner at 75-80(in Mexico). Almost always it would act up under "spirited" driving.

So I might have been able to work through the process to have it lemon law'd but There is a better chance my insurance company would have been paying out instead of the dealer. I'm pretty sure I would have either piled up into a guard rail or a tree on the side of the road.
Safety first.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Safety first. But boy would I have been tempted to make Ford aware of the issue. Let them not act on it. Then run it into a tree on purpose. Then sue the living sh!t out of them. You handled way better than me..

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Dude ya gotta let it go. About 60% of the buying public disagrees with you. We don’t have to turn everything into a manual vs auto pissing match.
about 70% now ...i was manual guy all my life these 8 and 10 speeds made it so i would never look back again at a manual...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
How is there even a "wholesale" price on a 2018? If the dealer feels the car is "fixed" then you should get fair market value.

Hope you recover from walking sideways and your butthole whistling.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I have a 16 GT PP. it’s a manual. I didn’t want an auto. But the 10spd I could get into maybe in the future as my knees get worse. Anyways sucks for the OP but wtf with this auto/manual BS again. Both transmissions in the 18 are having issues. It sucks for sure