1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mind sharing your tints %? I was thinking to do 15-20% in the back and 25-30% front.
You are correct. Not to dark and does the job
Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Canada West Coast RC GT Premium Arrives

Not many more MY18 Royal Crimson cars left to be delivered, but my GT Premium finally arrived on Canada's west coast. 54 days in transit!! Arrived very dirty, but no damage, good panel fit and runs great. It's has tan interior, 10 speed auto, 3.55 rear axle, 20 inch wheel and navigation. No PP, as much of the stuff paid for in this option I would immediately replace....wheels, tires, spoiler, etc. I've been working with my gearhead sales guy for over 40 years. He knows me well. He had the front licence plate bracket and all the window stickers in his desk drawer. That's the way it should be!

IMO, Royal Crimson is one of the best colors ever for a Mustang. Pictures don't do it justice. Still a mystery color to many, including some of the product knowledge deficient sales reps who didn't know what it was called (there was an RC Ecoboost in the showroom :doh:). Too late now, fellows.

The pic below was taken just after it came off the truck. Looks clean, but just the opposite.
2018 Mustang Delivery.jpeg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Not many more MY18 Royal Crimson cars left to be delivered, but my GT Premium finally arrived on Canada's west coast. 54 days in transit!! Arrived very dirty, but no damage, good panel fit and runs great. It's has tan interior, 10 speed auto, 3.55 rear axle, 20 inch wheel and navigation. No PP, as much of the stuff paid for in this option I would immediately replace....wheels, tires, spoiler, etc. I've been working with my gearhead sales guy for over 40 years. He knows me well. He had the front licence plate bracket and all the window stickers in his desk drawer. That's the way it should be!

IMO, Royal Crimson is one of the best colors ever for a Mustang. Pictures don't do it justice. Still a mystery color to many, including some of the product knowledge deficient sales reps who didn't know what it was called (there was an RC Ecoboost in the showroom :doh:). Too late now, fellows.

The pic below was taken just after it came off the truck. Looks clean, but just the opposite.
That is sweet ....looks like it need the chrome window trim though!! Just to give it the “Pop” factor!! lol :cheers: congrats, now we race and see !!!!!

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

Glad you got yours! Looks awesome!!!! Honest quick question...if you’re going to change wheels and tires, why you got the 20”s $1200 wheels?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Glad you got yours! Looks awesome!!!! Honest quick question...if you’re going to change wheels and tires, why you got the 20”s $1200 wheels?
With the PP pkg.....you get Black wheels!!! The very 1st thing I got rid of as well then spent another $3000 on wheels and tires!! Allegro is also not a fan of “The Black” !! Money better spent up front!!

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
With the PP pkg.....you get Black wheels!!! The very 1st thing I got rid of as well then spent another $3000 on wheels and tires!! Allegro is also not a fan of “The Black” !! Money better spent up front!!
Ahhh disregard, just reread what he said. Language barrier hit me for a second there.

I though he was going to change his wheels and tires. A Bullit grille would look great with this color.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Congrats beautiful car. One thing I've learned over the years the sales reps don't know anything about the cars on the lot except they have four wheels. When I went shopping for a new Mustang there were 3 sales reps there and not one of them new which of the Mustangs was a GT Ecoboost or V6 I had to tell them.:doh: The sales reps are there to pet you and tell you that you look good in the car it's the sales manager that has the final word.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I love these 20s. Not changing them. No fan of the black wheels and summer tires in the PP option. Summer tires are useless here on the west coast of Canada where it rains from November until the end of March.

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’m unable to see this colour in person as there is none here

But here’s a 2009 model ford I used to own

It’s an Australian car and the colour was called Velvet

Terrible picture

But anyone whose seen RC in the flesh, how would you say this compares?

qrkzh4.jpg

5ceu6e.jpg

I’m different light it looked different, it had lots of metal flake too

Both pics are the same car, looks a bit purple in the 2nd pic but it wasn’t

Just trying to compare before I order

Thanks

Last edited:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Terrible picture

But anyone whose seen RC in the flesh, how would you say this compares

Thanks
I’ve seen a few now, in the shade and in the sun!! Your pic looks too dark to me Mate!! ....however, unfortunately the Crimson has been cancelled by Ford!!!!
A29A7291-ADDA-4534-938A-8EFDE509B16B.jpeg

Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium

Terrible picture

But anyone whose seen RC in the flesh, how would you say this compares?

Thanks
The 2 pictures you've posted are not far off what my RC looks like. Royal Crimson has a lot of metallic. The convertible pic that Voo Doo posted was taken under bright display lights and looks quite red. Without the lights, RC appears dark burgundy. As mentioned, this was a 2018 color only and MY18 production ended last month. Not available for 2019.

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ok cool thanks

Probably going to order black or magnetic

Dealers here’s wouldn’t have a clue

I did really like the colour of my ford sedan, but it was almost 10 years ago now

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why oh why is Royal Crimson a one year only colour??!!??

This one has been lightly modified by Galpin Auto Sports.......

2018 Mustang GT by Galpin Auto Sports - G.A.S.
20” Blaque Diamond Wheels BD 17-5
Nitto Tire USA N/T 555 G2 Tires
275/35/20 Front
305/35/20 Rear
Ford Racing lowering springs
Custom black logos & badges
Tinted rear windows

:love:
Royal Crimson MM 1.jpg
Royal Crimson MM 2.jpg
Royal Crimson MM 3.jpg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Why oh why is Royal Crimson a one year only colour??!!??
This one has been lightly modified by Galpin Auto Sports.......
2018 Mustang GT by Galpin Auto Sports - G.A.S.
20” Blaque Diamond Wheels BD 17-5
Nitto Tire USA N/T 555 G2 Tires
275/35/20 Front
305/35/20 Rear
Ford Racing lowering springs
Custom black logos & badges
Tinted rear windows

:love:
Wow that is a great looking car Paul.