svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
when will 2019 orders be expected to arrive if ordered now?
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That's a really good question. I think production is supposed to begin 6/13 for Job 1 which I believe are dealer inventory orders only for QC purposes. I've heard customer retail orders will be a little later. You might ask "ice-capades" over on blue oval forums. He seems to be an excellent source for good information. Too bad we couldn't all have a dealer rep like him.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My 2019 Bullitt is supposed to arrive around July, so I'm assuming it won't be all dealer stock. I'd bet you could get a special order 2019 by July or August if there's a run of cars similarly spec'd as yours that's scheduled for then.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
My2018 will be built on 6/4/18 week. I ordered it on March 28, I guess will be one of the last ones to be done. EDD 6/27... I assume early/mid July for 2019s

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Undetermined. Is your dealer ordering your car as a sold retail order or just placing a stock inventory order but matching your specs?

Whenever there is a model year change over retail orders lag 2 to 10 weeks behind the Job 1 date (plus shipping periods). Multiple factors being QC and inventory build up. If the model year is a serious change such as 14 to 15 then the stock build runs for much longer to insure the new build processes are validated on the line and everything is passing QC checks.

Also...if the shut down is longer (again when major changes take place) and dealers are running short of inventory they will extend the stock build period.

As the change between 18-19 is small I would hazard a guess on a shorter period. But again dealer inventory numbers come into play and with the rising rebates I suspect Ford has more inventory on the ground then they like so that could be a positive sign of a shorter hold period. If your real bored you can probably search the net and get on the ground inventory or days of inventory...that data is always showing up. Also dealer inventory will come into play- if the dealership (usually smaller ones) is sitting on old inventory and not moving it Ford is not about to rush into sending them anything (stock nor retail).

Lastly- your dealership. Not every dealer gets cars built during the initial stock only build period. If your with a small dealership by the time cars are pulled for that dealership the stock only period may have run and your retail order will be built before the dealership’s stock inventory.

If your dealer is a mega store that rapidly turns over inventory then your generally better off having your dealer submit your order as a “stock” order to get it built quicker.

Right now it is way to early to hazard more then a guess as to when 2019 Retail order builds will begin. Again, there is no set Job 1 date for those- that trigger is pulled after the new model year production has begun.

I would speculate if Job 1 for the 2019s stays at mid June that sold Retail Orders could begin production in early July. Some few lucky folks close to the factory may see arrivals at their dealership at the end of July. Anything more definite then that is a WAG.

If your beyond bored you can try searching here and say Blue Oval for old posts concerning the hold periods on sold retail oreders for last year and the year before but again...your just getting data for an estimate/trend and nothing more.

While in the stock only build period will Ford “cheat” and slip a few retail orders into the line....yes; but your last name had better be Leno or Ford to have a shot at that pipedream.

Last edited:

Conga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
My2018 will be built on 6/4/18 week. I ordered it on March 28, I guess will be one of the last ones to be done. EDD 6/27
I have you beat, thinking mine might be the last 2018 off the line!
Ordered On: 02/02/2018
Estimated Delivery: 07/01/2018

dukegsd13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2005 SuperDuty & 2019 Mustang PP2
2019 Order question

Getting ready to put my order in. Does anyone get the Enhanced Security Pack? Autolock console is more for convertibles, but I can think of a few reasons to have that.

Here are my specs so far:
Orange Fury
PP2
Active Exhaust
401A
B&O Play 583

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I have you beat, thinking mine might be the last 2018 off the line!
Ordered On: 02/02/2018
Estimated Delivery: 07/01/2018
What's your build date? I have a 2018 build date of May 7. EDD to west coast of Canada is first week of June.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Getting ready to put my order in. Does anyone get the Enhanced Security Pack? Autolock console is more for convertibles, but I can think of a few reasons to have that.

Orange Fury
PP2
Active Exhaust
401A
B&O Play 583
I didn't get the security pack, but I guess if you want to save a bit on insurance it comes with active anti-theft. Probably a no brainer if car theft is big where you live.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Good news for 2019 Retail Orders (custom orders)?...
In looking through Blue Oval and finding plant shut down dates everything I’m seeing shows NO shut down currently listed for the Mustang line. If that holds true then they could rollout the 19 build the work day after the 18s stop. That could result in a very very short stock build only period for 19my. Hopefully things will flow quickly for those with early retail orders! Good luck guys.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

Orange Fury
PP2
Active Exhaust
401A
B&O Play 583
I have the enhanced security package. I could have done without it but my dad thought I should have it.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the enhanced security package. I could have done without it but my dad thought I should have it.

I might not order it, I am seeing that based on some other Ford vehicles, the settings never save, have to always select everytime you leave car. I would like to just use perimeter, not motion. All the vibrations and stuff going on my area might cause more issues?

they say you can simply go to settings and select to not have it prompt and default to all sensors or perimeter only, but they say its never saved and is always defaulted back to "all sensors" or only way to have it the way you want is leave it on prompt and you select each time you turn car off.

wonder if this bug was fixed with the 2018 mustang?

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
I might not order it, I am seeing that based on some other Ford vehicles, the settings never save, have to always select everytime you leave car. I would like to just use perimeter, not motion. All the vibrations and stuff going on my area might cause more issues?

they say you can simply go to settings and select to not have it prompt and default to all sensors or perimeter only, but they say its never saved and is always defaulted back to "all sensors" or only way to have it the way you want is leave it on prompt and you select each time you turn car off.

wonder if this bug was fixed with the 2018 mustang?
mine does this, super annoying

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White

Orange Fury
PP2
Active Exhaust
401A
B&O Play 583

Unless something changed, last i seen was that the PP2 package wasnt able to have the B&O system for whatever reason
Sponsored