Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
It seems there are a lot of people that are in the same spot as you are. Mine has been a retail since the get go. In fact, my dealer doesn't have ANY stock orders in the Ford system. So I'm just not sure how this is going to go. But I'll stick with it. They were nothing but nice to me.
My dealer was nice too but had they told me that I would be pushed behind all of the stock orders, I would have insisted on they place it as stock order. What is the point of placing an order in July, only to have their August stock orders produced during the first week of production. Doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! I don't understand either.
I ordered mine on Aug 21. 2017 and haven't heard a word. I also traded in my 2015 on that date and haven't heard squat. I call every Tuesday and Thursday still get it's waiting in the order bank.

Deysha if you monitor this site please review our orders.
She hasn't been on this site since February...

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on Aug 21. 2017 and haven't heard a word. I also traded in my 2015 on that date and haven't heard squat. I call every Tuesday and Thursday still get it's waiting in the order bank.

I am sure hoping that the wait will be worth all of they hype. I sold my car in anticipation of an early November delivery. I will be driving a rental for a while. Thanks Ford!:headbonk:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure hoping that the wait will be worth all of they hype. I sold my car in anticipation of an early November delivery. I will be driving a rental for a while. Thanks Ford!:headbonk:
I really wanted the car from Kooks it is exactly like my car. The salesman said he'd probably see it by the end of this month. But my parents said that I should just wait. And the first cars might have problems. UGH! I don't know what to do. :frusty:

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted the car from Kooks it is exactly like my car. The salesman said he'd probably see it by the end of this month. But my parents said that I should just wait. And the first cars might have problems. UGH! I don't know what to do. :frusty:
I saw the same car but its too far for me or I would have tried to get that one. Looks like you and I have the same build! NICE!:thumbsup:

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the same car but its too far for me or I would have tried to get that one. Looks like you and I have the same build! NICE!:thumbsup:
I just don't know what to do. I want to have a close relationship with the dealer I bought it from but I also don't want to wait till January or later to receive it. I want to enjoy it before Winter really hits here. Or else it'll be a garage queen! And I won't be able to really enjoy it.

The only thing I have you don't is enhanced security package. Or so it seems.

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
I just don't know what to do. I want to have a close relationship with the dealer I bought it from but I also don't want to wait till January or later to receive it. I want to enjoy it before Winter really hits here. Or else it'll be a garage queen! And I won't be able to really enjoy it.

The only thing I have you don't is enhanced security package. Or so it seems.
I didn't order that package but I have PLENTY of time to change my order!!!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't order that package but I have PLENTY of time to change my order!!!
:lol: You should! Then ours cars can be twins! :)

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT

Pretty frustrated too. I ordered day one of the open order bank at a high allocation location and still have zero visibility into the process. Not showing on cotus yet and the dealer has no clue about my order. What was the point of pre ordering two months ago?

This is my first and last time special ordering a car I think. Easier to just track one down and travel to it

Sponsored

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pretty frustrated too. I ordered day one of the open order bank at a high allocation location and still have zero visibility into the process. Not showing on cotus yet and the dealer has no clue about my order. What was the point of pre ordering two months ago?

This is my first and last time special ordering a car I think. Easier to just track one down and travel to it
I am in the process now of trying to track one down ( or a GT350) as I really don't want to wait until January! I figure I would give it one more week to see if my early order will be assigned a VIN and a production date. Then I will decide. I'm very displeased at the whole process!

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
I am in the process now of trying to track one down ( or a GT350) as I really don't want to wait until January! I figure I would give it one more week to see if my early order will be assigned a VIN and a production date. Then I will decide. I'm very displeased at the whole process!
me also , and I have a vin:rant:

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
I ordered mine on 8/19. The dealer sales dude called a little while ago and said that dealer stock is being made now. Private orders would start being run on 10/23. Still no Vin or scheduled build date; that may come with the Tuesday update next week.

I recognize that this does not lineup up 100% with other posts; who knows what's correct?

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on 8/19. The dealer sales dude called a little while ago and said that dealer stock is being made now. Private orders would start being run on 10/23. Still no Vin or scheduled build date; that may come with the Tuesday update next week.

I recognize that this does not lineup up 100% with other posts; who knows what's correct?
I didn't hear that they will start accepting retail orders on the 23rd. The rep told my dealer that I will likely receive mine by mid December. But now the dealer said sometime in December. I ordered mine on the 9th but I edited it on the 26th to a fastback. So I'm not sure if they go by when the order first went in or when it was edited. And the car from Kooks is awaiting shipment. :frusty:

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
Just to clarify: Retail orders would start being manufactured on 10/123.
Sponsored