Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
... the video below will display expert turn signal skills by me in the beginning (no) and the red benz driver at about the 2 min mark.
Now you know how it feels (judging by your aggressive reaction) when some idiot doesn't use his turn signals. :clap2: :D
Sponsored

Reactions: 17

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I'm pretty sure the reaction isn't because they didn't use their turn signal. More than likely it's because Asharus was already there and it wasn't the Benz's place to try to take that spot. Since the Benz wanted to change lanes, they need to wait their turn for that lane. Again, common driving courtesy. Had absolutely nothing to do with signalling.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Scott gets it

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Perhaps, but if that were me in that scenario I may have granted the Benz mercy and let him in...... had he made his intentions known by signaling before trying to bust a move. Dependent on my feelings of good will at the time, of course. As I said, if you don't give me any consideration by signaling don't expect any in return.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Signal or no signal, I would not have yielded. He’s in a left turn only lane. If I was in his position, I would’ve attempted the same thing if the person in my place was spacing out and did not move immediately after the green, or in this case, wait until the lane is clear since I was alert and moved right away.

Sponsored

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
Well for a change of pace on here, here is an interesting video I found. This apparently is a real documentary.

[ame]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
It is rather strange that some people don't understand. It's like they don't drive in the real world. People change lanes in front of me all the time without signaling. I don't get upset about it as long as it doesn't cause me to slow down.
So because people around you don't do it (even though it's probably the law to perform blinker-lane-change) you think it's okay not to do it as well?

Again, with the Ghandi. I'm being such a holier than thou but when someone collides with you because you were changing lanes and they were changing lanes (Without blinker, both of you because who needs them right?), you're gonna change your tone a bit and start using them.

or not, It's your choice. Be a danger.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Why would anyone not want to use their turn signal? They look so cool on this car

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
It's obvious Americans pass their driving test in automatics. The Challenger driver above clung on to his gear stick the whole time (except to wipe the snot off his nose).
Nothing is scarier to the average American than having to put down the cell phone, so the fact that he was holding the shifter is an improvement.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
This is true. You should’ve seen the footage before I received the phone mount. It took 3 weeks to arrive because it was on backorder. It’s hard to use Waze and FaceTime without it.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would anyone not want to use their turn signal? They look so cool on this car

Blinker fluid is expensive af. Have you ever spent a whole weekend changing that stuff? I purchased a gallon of it for $40 only to find out the GT takes 3 gallons of it.

Oh and guess who's the dummy who didn't replace both of the BF filters?

:doh:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure the reaction isn't because they didn't use their turn signal. More than likely it's because Asharus was already there and it wasn't the Benz's place to try to take that spot. Since the Benz wanted to change lanes, they need to wait their turn for that lane. Again, common driving courtesy. Had absolutely nothing to do with signalling.
If the Benz would have turned his signal on before traffic got moving a courteous driver might have let him in. There was a delay and a gap in the cars, so the Benz driver was an asshat and tried to pop into the space without a turn signal.

Lucky the Benz driver decided to give in to the game of chicken and didn't crunch in a left side front fender and/or door.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Signal or no signal, I would not have yielded. He’s in a left turn only lane. If I was in his position, I would’ve attempted the same thing if the person in my place was spacing out and did not move immediately after the green, or in this case, wait until the lane is clear since I was alert and moved right away.
So you would have made the same asshat move as the Benz and without a turn signal? Would you have ran into the other car to make your point? :lol:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it's quite easy as long as the other driver is spacing out, and most do.

It's no wonder why some that move from other states to NY/Long Island are scared out of their wits to drive. I don't think you guys are used to the way we drive up here, LOL.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need the psychic ability of telling when a person is spacing out...everyone in Long island seems to have ESPN or something. It must be the Ice Tea y'all have there.
Sponsored