mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
I've recently noticed that every so often (maybe once a week) my side mirrors become possessed when I press my start button. They roll all the way to side and keep clicking. Once I crank my car they continue until I manually readjust them.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I've recently noticed that every so often (maybe once a week) my side mirrors become possessed when I press my start button. They roll all the way to side and keep clicking. Once I crank my car they continue until I manually readjust them.

Any suggestions?
Get it looked at at the dealership.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
The same day I took my car in for the uncooled seats I also had them look into this issue. Computer showed no faults and of course it wouldn't occur while I was there. I even showed them video of it. They had no ideas. Of course the very next day it happens again.

Mine does the same thing. At completely random times when I unlock the door by the handle one of the mirrors moves all the way and pops when it can't go any further but keeps trying. So it sits there and goes pop, pop, pop, etc...

I use the same key every time and have even programmed all three memory settings to the same settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I'm sure you looked but are the buttons getting stuck in any direction? You can also somewhat easily open up the control panel without taking off the door to check the internals.

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I noticed this the other day while driving in the morning. It's only happened once.

naturalforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/ AP
I have experienced this as well. I'm just hoping I notice it each time it occurs. Not looking forward to replacing a burnt out mirror motor (if that's the proper term).

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
So all that have this, do you have *01A with memory seats?

OP
OP
mimartin15

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
OP
OP
mimartin15

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
I'm sure you looked but are the buttons getting stuck in any direction? You can also somewhat easily open up the control panel without taking off the door to check the internals.
I check each time. I have to manually click the buttons to readjust, so they are not sticking. And it's very random. The first time it happened, I thought someone had 'hit' my mirror or was messing with it from the outside, but it's happened too many times for that to be the case.

Sponsored

naturalforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/ AP
So all that have this, do you have *01A with memory seats?
Yes, I have the 401a package (Memory Seats and Mirrors). This has only occurred once to my knowledge, and I've had the car for almost 9 months.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
401A here as well. Happened to my passenger side mirror yesterday after not seeing it in more than two weeks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Any suggestions?
Yes, I have the 401a package (Memory Seats and Mirrors). This has only occurred once to my knowledge, and I've had the car for almost 9 months.
401A here as well. Happened to my passenger side mirror yesterday after not seeing it in more than two weeks.
Have you guys been able to bring this up to your Ford Dealers? I recommend you do so and let me escalate this for you as well. Be sure to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

DiscoNfrno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
The side mirrors sticking and popping thing is happening almost every time my wife, and I switch out driving. (Almost daily) Whenever we hit #1 or #2 memory button this happens as they, and the seat readjust. Any resolutions to this yet?

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
The side mirrors sticking and popping thing is happening almost every time my wife, and I switch out driving. (Almost daily) Whenever we hit #1 or #2 memory button this happens as they, and the seat readjust. Any resolutions to this yet?
I don't have an update but I'm taking mine in for the recall in two weeks. Will have them look at this issue. This issue is so annoying I'm telling them to figure out at least one part to replace. It really sucks to reach for the handle and worry that they are going to go bonkers. I'm not leaving until some sort of action is taken to fix it. This problem has existed on other ford vehicles. I found a forum where someone with an Edge was complaining. The last post they made said the dealership replaced the Programmable control module.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Sponsored