Sponsored

Deck lid emblem

outta here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
currently none
Today the 50 anniversary deck lid emblem fell off when I closed the trunk.
Only has 8k miles and is babied.

Has this happened to anybody else and what was the resolution?

I can get some 3m double sided tape and put back on, but i’d Like ford to fix under my extended warranty. Matter of principle.
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Take it to Ford and have them do it, i would. Gt350 peeps have the same issue I've read.

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
Happened to mine around the same time lol

I ordered something like a 7x7 square of 3m VHT double sided tape off amazon and it worked well. granted it took a bunch of time to trim the tabs on the emblem, and trace the emblem on the tape.

If you go down that route, You need to cut the 3m tape slightly smaller than the emblem because you will see the tape squeeze out of the sides when you apply it.

I would try to get a whole new thing from ford first. Atleast you know it can be done. PM me if you need some more details

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
with the GT350 the emblem falls off when its pressure washed

ShelbyLove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Take it to Ford and have them do it, i would. Gt350 peeps have the same issue I've read.
I purchased a pre-owned 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 less than a year ago. I got home one night after work and I looked at the back of the car and the rear emblem was lying on it's side being held by one pin on the deck lid. I touched it to see how secure it was and the emblem came off. I called the dealer I purchased the car from and they said they wouldn't fix it because it was out of the 3/36k warranty that covers trim. They called Ford and after a few days, I was told the piece was $1,248 and that Ford was only willing to pay $440 of the amount. I was floored about the cost. I told the dealership that I wanted to install the piece myself and they said I couldn't do that. What I didn't know, the cost seems to be high because Ford ships a new back-up camera with the deck lid. So if you buy the deck lid, you will get a new camera even if you don't need it. I'm sure if Ford installs the piece for you, they'll keep the extra camera and sell it to someone else to make a bit more profit after you paid for it. How would you know if they installed the new camera on your vehicle? Maybe ask them if you can have the old camera I guess. Ford knows it's a problem but takes advantage of its consumers it seems. I understand capitalism but $1,248 for a trim piece that serves no mechanical purpose is ridiculous in my opinion.

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Call Ford Coporate and don’t give up. It’s a known problem.
My dealer told me the emblem was $400 and no need for a new rear deck lid, but that was a 50th anniversary gt, should be the same.

My story
I give up. After harassing Ford Corporate about the emblem falling off, they agreed to supply the emblem and I would pay for labor.

After the Ford dealer replaced the emblem, the backup cam no longer shows the green lines that display the track of the car and how close u r to any object behind.

Dealer said they ‘think’ the backup camera needs to be replaced. I try and tell them it worked fine before they got their greasy hands on my car.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
My emblem fell off recently. To fix it, I bought some JBWeld plastic bond epoxy at Lowe's. I removed the rear panel, cleaned the surface with window cleaner, then epoxied the heck outta it. I put some weight on the emblem & let it sit for about an hour. So far, it has stayed on, but I plan on ordering a plain black panel & store this one inside, for keepsakes or if I sell my car. It seems that boardroom engineering department at Ford would have convinced the sales managers that sometimes cost effectiveness sometimes needs to be overridden in the name of quality.
20200704_113206[1].jpg

Aaron Castaneda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf 2015
That's quite a good fix, mindo389. Couldn't have done it better myself.
Sponsored