Sponsored

California duster is a lint factory

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
I just do a couple freeway pulls and most dust is gone.
I should actually try some of these tips on my black Mustang sometimes it seems like it leaves more dust and it takes off
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah. You can do it. Says so on their website.
You're waaay too early for that stage. That's what you do after a long, long time of usage as the "final straw".

From their website:

"When the car duster begins to push the dust you can try to rinse the mop with cool water and mild detergent in your garage sink and then let it air dry. Only do this as a final straw as rinsing the mop does risk pulling some of the baked in wax out of the mop. If cleaning the mop does not rejuvenate the California Car Duster, then it is time for a new one."

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
You're waaay too early for that stage. That's what you do after a long, long time of usage as the "final straw".

From their website:

"When the car duster begins to push the dust you can try to rinse the mop with cool water and mild detergent in your garage sink and then let it air dry. Only do this as a final straw as rinsing the mop does risk pulling some of the baked in wax out of the mop. If cleaning the mop does not rejuvenate the California Car Duster, then it is time for a new one."
I can appreciate those facts but the lint/clippings were bad and were not coming out with shaking and smacking. Maybe mine was in a poorly cut batch or something. It seems to have helped, though. It's still not perfect but neither am I or my car..lol. My real problem right now is the monster bird crap assault I got yesterday. Those little bastards must have had mexican Saturday night.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I got a California Duster a couple of weeks ago as part of my continuing battle against pollen and dust.

There must be a lot of variation in these, because I had none of the issues mentioned here. I just left mine on paper for a couple of days as instructed and it works great, no lint and no wax smearing.

On Amazon, the prices for these are all over the place - from $10 to around $40. I paid $28 for mine - it’s the wooden handle version and so far I’m very pleased.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Walmart has the cheapest price, I found.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I got a California Duster a couple of weeks ago as part of my continuing battle against pollen and dust.

There must be a lot of variation in these, because I had none of the issues mentioned here. I just left mine on paper for a couple of days as instructed and it works great, no lint and no wax smearing.

On Amazon, the prices for these are all over the place - from $10 to around $40. I paid $28 for mine - it’s the wooden handle version and so far I’m very pleased.
let us know if you notice any swirling after a few uses. thats been the main issue i hear.
Sponsored