Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, just did a baseline dyno and dyno with the Mishimoto Induction Tube https://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-silicone-induction-hose-blk-1517gt.html last night. I am very impressed with the results and highly recommend this tube. Gained 19hp and 26ft/lbs. The ecu was giving issues below 4k by removing timing (If I remember correctly) in relation to load and other things that I do not understand because I don't tune or work with dynos. SO IGNORE UNDER 4K IN OTHER WORDS. THE ECU WAS HAVING LOAD ISSUES WHEN FIRST STARTING THE DYNO RUN. After 4k all runs are under the same conditions with just the stock tune AND THAT IS WHERE THE GAINS CAN BE MEASURED. 4 Runs, Orange/Red Stock. Blue/Grey With just the Mishimoto tube (No other changes) DOne on a Dynapack Dyno
Sponsored

Last edited:

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
So I take it you did 4 runs in total; red and orange curves are your stock baseline runs, and blue and grey are your runs with the tube installed? Did you load a tune, or is this on stock tune? I'm not familiar with the Mishimoto tube and whether it needs a tune.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So I take it you did 4 runs in total; red and orange curves are your stock baseline runs, and blue and grey are your runs with the tube installed? Did you load a tune, or is this on stock tune? I'm not familiar with the Mishimoto tube and whether it needs a tune.
Edited original post. The Tube does not require a tune and that is the main reason i went with it. But yes, 4 runs, orange/red stock and blue/grey has the Mishimoto Tube being the only difference. Still stock tune, exhaust, intake box, air filter, etc.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Saw on FB earlier. I have it too and really like it so far.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've always said I noticed a difference with the Airaid elbow ... I suspect there's little difference between it and the Mishimoto but those are fantastic gains on a per dollar ratio.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sorry no. You didn't gain 50 to 100 lb/ft of torque from this. Your dyno is broken.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've always said I noticed a difference with the Airaid elbow ... I suspect there's little difference between it and the Mishimoto but those are fantastic gains on a per dollar ratio.
I semi failed as a local has an Airaid elbow that he has not put on yet, and I could have tested it back to back with the Mishi, but didn't know until he saw my post about being at the dyno :frusty:
Airaid is also a local company here in AZ and would have been nice to run it.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry no. You didn't gain 50 to 100 lb/ft of torque from this. Your dyno is broken.
I work in the industry and understand that an induction tube is not netting what ever you are saying I am claiming. I will edit the post to make clear that under 4k is not relevant because of the ECU issues.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Question to anyone with this hose...does your on board computer read A/F weird after install? It seems to bounce around a lot and at WOT, won't go down for a bit.

That said, I didn't unhook the battery yet (maybe resets ECU?)

Sponsored
OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Please also include your logs.
What logs? This is all I have from them. It was a Time Attack classification dyno run so it was just hook up (DynaPak with no tail pipe sniffer, just OBD hook up) run, swap intake tube, run and then unhook. I can ask the dyno operator for any other info. The print out is I have on hand.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Question to anyone with this hose...does your on board computer read A/F weird after install? It seems to bounce around a lot and at WOT, won't go down for a bit.

That said, I didn't unhook the battery yet (maybe resets ECU?)
My car started up weird and then when stabbing the throttle, had a couple rough dip ins that went away after a test run that was not recorded on the dyno. Bouncing around, like pegging at 20 and then dropping?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
My car started up weird and then when stabbing the throttle, had a couple rough dip ins that went away after a test run that was not recorded on the dyno. Bouncing around, like pegging at 20 and then dropping?
at idle it bounces from 13.8 - 14.2, that doesn't concern me....what does is at tip in it just sticks at ~14 and eventually drops to low 10s, which is odd on a stock tune NA car.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
at idle it bounces from 13.8 - 14.2, that doesn't concern me....what does is at tip in it just sticks at ~14 and eventually drops to low 10s, which is odd on a stock tune NA car.
I'll try and watch/video mine to see if that happens. But I don't have anything to compare it to since I have not looked at that while driving. I might put the stock tube back on to get a direct compare. Do by chance know what it does with the stock tube connected?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Guy I got my Mishimoto tube from did back-to-backs with Airaid full CAI and this with stock box and K&N filter. Picked up max of 30 whp with the Mishi tube and stock box over the Airaid, and I recall about 15 at peak power. [MENTION=31127]ALUSA[/MENTION] you have the dyno sheets?

[MENTION=13955]ryant601[/MENTION], mine bounced a little bit on the first start-up after installing. Since then, no. It's been very smooth.
Sponsored