Borla Sport Cat back help

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I just bought the Ford performance Borla Sport and I was wanting to switch to an h pipe to make it deeper and less raspy however I see that an h pipe increases the volume and I don't necessarily want to have issues with the neighbors every morning. And I bought a Borla touring resonator just in case. So two questions:
Does the h pipe make it that much louder? (Equivalent to the atak?)

And .. if I go with the touring resonator, does it sound the same or louder than the Borla touring series?

Thanks for any help.

By the way I did see the CJPP sport cat back and h pipe vid
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I’ve owned mustangs for close to 20 years and I’ve always found that H-pipes have less ear piercing sound. In regards to upsetting neighbors, most catbacks will be louder on a cold start. I have a full 3 inch catback with H-pipe and it’s not bad at all. If I were you, I would install everything and then decide based on your preferences. Sound is subjective. My car sounds like a NASCAR at full throttle and I love it.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I have that set up and tried a standard xpipe then a standard Hpipe and then the borla resonator (which is effectively a hpipe inside). I found the borla resonator gives the perfect hpipe rumble but just tones it down enough. But it is all relative and personal

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
My car had the FRPP/Borla cat back installed when I bought it, how can I tell if it is the Sport or Touring model?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
An H pipe is not significantly/measurably louder than the X pipe you already have. Perceived loudness is different than measureable. The H will have a little deeper tones, and lower frequency sound permeates through insulation and sound deadening more than higher frequency sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I have that set up and tried a standard xpipe then a standard Hpipe and then the borla resonator (which is effectively a hpipe inside). I found the borla resonator gives the perfect hpipe rumble but just tones it down enough. But it is all relative and personal
Okay I see. Thanks. But to be honest I'm just a bit thrown off since the resonator is called Touring resonator I am curious how it is compared to the touring series. Any insight there? Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I see. Thanks. But to be honest I'm just a bit thrown off since the resonator is called Touring resonator I am curious how it is compared to the touring series. Any insight there? Thanks
Borla Touring = Borla Resonator (resonated H-pipe) + S-type Axleback
Borla S-type = Borla X-pipe + S-type Axleback

The Ford Performance by Borla are different mufflers and have a slightly different tone. S-type is similar volume to the FP by Borla Sport.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
From the FRPP catalog it looks like they use the resonator on the European standard systems.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
The H pipe would certainly help deepen the tone of your exhaust. The volume will increase, but not nearly as much as if you where to add the bola Ataks.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Borla Touring = Borla Resonator (resonated H-pipe) + S-type Axleback
Borla S-type = Borla X-pipe + S-type Axleback

The Ford Performance by Borla are different mufflers and have a slightly different tone. S-type is similar volume to the FP by Borla Sport.
Thanks! and another quick question...Is having a h pipe and two 12" vibrant resonators welded between the h pipe and the mufflers the same as having the borla touring resonator?
Sponsored