Rebound recovery question

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Keep us posted on your findings. Also,the Steeda fixed Pro-Actions work well with the Steeda Minimum Drop springs.

Steeda Tech
I posted this in a separate thread but didn't get much of an answer. I have a PP GT with Eibach Pro kit springs and was considering the adjustable Steeda shocks. Similarly, I'm looking for an improvement in compliance with mid-corner bumps or expansion joints but I do not want to sacrifice and performance. Are the Steeda shocks (and perhaps a complimenting spring setup) a significant improvement over PP shocks? I'm considering more expensive setups with rebound and compression adjustment as well.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Are the Steeda shocks (and perhaps a complimenting spring setup) a significant improvement over PP shocks? I'm considering more expensive setups with rebound and compression adjustment as well.
Yes, very much so. Any damper setup you get from Steeda will have you much better off; pair them with their linear springs and you'll be smiling on every commute.

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I installed Pro Action fixed dampers with upgraded rear mounts over the weekend, and got to drive the car for last couple of days. These dampers and mounts met my goal of controlling the bounce when hitting bumps and bridge expansion joints while going over 75 MPH without increasing NVH. I'll say these dampers should've came installed from the factory by default!

I'm looking forward to pairing them up with the G-Trac K-Member Brace when it's delivered in a couple of days.

25639546237_a0c5c79d2b_b.jpg

25639546337_f6f459727d_b.jpg

I ran a test when the stock dampers came off of the car. Stock dampers were hard to compress by hand, but returned to uncompressed state pretty quickly when let go. Pro Action dampers were opposite, where they compressed easily, but returned to uncompressed state very slowly. Perhaps this is the reason why Pro Action dampers provide superior rebound recovery without increasing ride harshness?

I thought that Steeda rear mounts kind of pricey but I can see why when I held them in my hands. They are very high quality pieces, felt much more solid compared to stock mounts, and come with come with spherical bearings. I've heard of folks breaking stock mounts, but I think that bolts will rip out of the chassis before these break.

40509854951_5c28b7fb25_b.jpg

Honorable mention goes to the "eBay special" strut compressor. It's much sturdier than I expected at the price point. It's also easier and safer to use than 2-piece compressors found in auto parts store rental bin. Instructions state that power tools shouldn't be used with this, but I didn't have any issues using a 15/16" socket and 1/2" drive ratchet to compress by hand.

39614824125_86f50d0683_b.jpg

Yes, very much so. Any damper setup you get from Steeda will have you much better off; pair them with their linear springs and you'll be smiling on every commute.
While I achieved my goal 100% with this setup, knowing me, I'll probably get used to it in a couple of months and end up throwing on their linear springs. At least I'll be able to take the struts off much quicker next time!